Anyone familiar with repair of Moving Head LED lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with repair of Moving Head LED lights

I found a Futre light DMH-30 moving head at a Good Will store. Didn't work. They said take for parts. Looks like ADJ Visi LED spot.

No led output (flickers at times) but the motors run fine. Unit scans normally, just cant get the LED to stay on. I went through the reset procedures. This unit is very much like ADJ in function, layout and design. No errors reported on the display.

LED has V+, and it looks as if the V- is pwm controlled. Led tested ok with applied voltage independently, so this is definite a control issue. PS is there.

Never worked on one like this. Did some older lamp versions though. This has less in it that those.

Schematic

http://download.showtechnic.de/data/...s/00056234.pdf

Um, that doesn't come up a schematic for me, that is an owner manual.

So what on the main board controls the LEDs? Can you tell from the cabling and connections? I have no idea what current the bright LEDs use, is there a drive transistor on a heatsink maybe? Or even a power amp IC like a TDA2050 or an M3886 or whatever?
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Hmm try this for schematic:
      Attached Files

Comment

BTW, these aren't too bad to work on. Like anything heat related I started looking at capacitors on the drive board and power supplies. Found an open cap. C53. Now I have a really cool Moving head light for our band. Not bad for about .30 cents and being in the right place. Probably should change the others just to make sure. I didn't recognize teh cap brand so I would assume any Nichicon or Illinois I replace them with will be much better.

Guys at Goodwill and Salv Army Thrift stores many times take in electronics like receivers, guitar amps, lighting, controllers, and so on. Some of the workers and volunteers snag them up pretty quick. Other times its things they cant fix or sell to resellers. Those end up on the "just take it" or "give it a home" shelves. I stop in these places from time to time. So far I now have this light, and old Pioneer SX1080 receiver, BIC dual speed tape deck, An old Champ, Vibrolux, and Marshall Valvestate 265r combo. All needed some repairs.

Comment

I also expected a couple flat pack smd cpu's figuring this thing does a lot of crazy stuff with gobos, multiple stepper motors. Was surprised to see old DIN type chips in sockets. Maybe here's one unit designed with service techs in mind. lol

Comment

Working...
          X