Circuit re-configuring info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circuit re-configuring info needed

So I've decided to donate my Fender Prosonic's body to science. I've always wanted to know what the Prosonic would sound like if wired (configured) like a traditional Fender amp.What I would like to achieve (if worth it) is place the tone stack between V1b and V2b and eliminate V1a. This would require wiring the clean channel volume in another location. I'd like to keep the channel swithing ability also. Will this require me to change V3a to mirror V2b, as another gain stage ? V3a is really hanging me up.The eff. send and ret jacks were taken out long ago....so I don't care if they leave. Anyway can some of you advanced people look at this and tell me if this will work and am I on the right track. Red "X"'s are line breaks and/or removed components. What I'm shooting for is, clean signal -V1b-tone stack-V2a and, on though or around ? V3a. Overdrive adds V2b.
    Attached Files

well, I see two things already......the clean volume leads need to be switched around and V3a is cathode follower...so its not an issue. Anybody ??

Comment

No help here. It's a bad idea. The Prosonic has V1a doing double duty as the first stage for both the clean and dirty channels. The gain stages are arranged to come out the other side somewhat balanced. The channel switching stuffs stages in BEHIND the tone stack. What you propose is too cumbersome for a printed circuit board and would require reconfiguring gain structures within finite circuit configurations. I can't imagine any possible scenario that will render the amp improved for the effort.

If you don't like the Prosonic you should unload it and get an amp you do like. They are desirable enough that you shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

JM2C
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Yeah Chuck, I've pretty much canned it.....I think I can get close to what I want with alot of component changes/tweaking.

Comment

I've considered "modding" mine too, but I'd only do it as a coomplete rebuild - remove PCBs & leave them intact, stuff in turret boards, make a compact Super Reverb or brown Concert. But given I could probably sell it for a chunk, I'll do that. They're actually pretty well-regarded amps, and they did PCB "the right way."
          "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
          "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
          "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Working...
          X