Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New build: Princeton Reverb with mods - advice wanted!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pietro_moog View Post
    hi. i was thinking about building the same amp (fixed bias only. not sure about the reverb) does the tremolo work? is it safe with that transistor?
    would you call it a dramatic improvement over the stock one?
    Apparently, I don't get notifications anymore about this thread, so I didn't see your message. Sorry for the delay...

About the tremolo, I haven't A/B'ed it with the stock version, so I cannot tell the difference. But the tremolo in fixed bias is really strong and deep. I like it a lot. Tremolo rules!! I got the idea of the MOSFET from the forum members, so I assume it's safe ;-) And no problems up to now at all. I put it in because of the reported weak tremolo signal in the cathode bias mode.
    Last edited by klooon; 11-18-2014, 08:23 PM.

Comment

It looks as if you opted for putting the oscillation on the negative bias to get tremolo. Did you post any clip with the tremolo in action?
      In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Comment

Great thread! Just a question for Kloon,
        In your schematic you call for a 100KA pot on the dwell control. On the original 1164 it calls for a 100KL there. Why the change? Thank you!

Comment

Sounds fantastic! beautiful amp Kloon!
          The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Sounds fantastic! beautiful amp Kloon!
            The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Working...
            X