Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fm tuner?

hi,
    does anybody know any info about a fm tuner,that a elderly women gave me.
    its called sequerra model 1 fm tuner.i cant find any info about it.i also have a book that tells me that's its made or sold in 1974.
    anyinfo thankful. also does this have any value? everything works,also came with book.

It was pretty rare and the most expensive tuner made. If in good condition it is a collectors item. FM is not as collectable as classic power amps and preamps because FM is not popular now but some collector would pay a good price for it. If you want to sell it list it in Japan or China where collecting hi-fi is serious business

Comment

Richard Sequerra was involved with the design and production of the famous Marantz 10B tuner in the 1960s.

http://www.audiohistory.com/files/do...ntzhistory.pdf

SG

Comment

where do I list it?japan or china what,where?

Comment

Originally posted by wrangler05 View Post
          i cant find any info about it.
          I did a Google search on sequerra model 1 fm tuner and got loads of information.

Comment

Here is a nice writeup on the Sequerra.
            Sequerra Model 1 FM Tuner Reviewed

Sell it before they all go to HD digital broadcasting!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
              Sell it before they all go to HD digital broadcasting!
              I'm sure someone will come up with a little home transmitter that takes the digital signal and re-broadcasts analog for the hard-core audiophiles. They could probably sell for a couple thousand each.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well you can still get NBTV recordings from 1930-something, so you can peer into your Baird Televisor. On that basis FM rebroadcasts will probably outlast the lifetime of everyone on earth right now.

Comment

Working...
                X