MODERN deluxe reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODERN deluxe reverb

Looking for a scem for the modern Fender Deluxe Reverb combo . Not sure how different it is from the old one , but... anyone have one ?

Some may be 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue.
    That's what I have been seeing around, as far as new deluxi...
    fender 65 deluxe.pdf
    I apologize if this PDF does not attach correctly, it happens sometimes.

Yeah I can't read it.
    PM your e mail to me and I will try to email it to you instead of posting it.

Comment

I think Valvehead refers to this :-Fender '68 Custom Deluxe Reverb 1x12" 22-Watt Tube Combo
      Click image for larger version

Name:	New 2013 Del Rev RI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	833057
      I've had some inquiries locally to how it sounds and I haven't a clue...
      Some specs
      "Unique Features: Modified Deluxe Reverb all-tube circuitry, shared reverb and tremolo on both channels, “Vintage” channel for traditional silverface operation, modified “Custom” channel with Bassman tone stack, reduced negative feedback for greater touch sensitivity, hand-wired tube sockets, custom-made Schumacher transformers (like the originals), genuine Fender tube-driven spring reverb, genuine Fender tube-driven tremolo (“vibrato”), 1968-style Silverface aluminum trim around silver-turquoise grille cloth, fitted amplifier cover included."

Seems like Fender have done the mods so we don't have to advise..... Haven't found the schematic but if we put 2 and 2 together....

Comment

my email is 493dart at gmail dot com

the amp is a 2002

Comment

If it's from 2002, it won't be the 68 Custom, they just came out last year.
          It will be the 65 Deluxe reissue, schematic available from Fender here:
          http://support.fender.com/schematics..._schematic.pdf
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post
            my email is 493dart at gmail dot com

the amp is a 2002
            Looks like it emailed OK. I opened it w/ no problem.
            I'm not sure why some schematics don't attach in the forum, but I hope that helps.
            Good luck on that one.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

There are really just 3 things that I have seen go wrong with 65 reissue:
                1. A bad output tube socket
                2. Bad screen grid resistors (470 ohm 1 watt) change the output tubes, in that case...
                3. The speaker plug, (molded plastic plug on speaker wire) which connects amp to speakers, goes bad. Replace w/ metal 90 degree switchcraft plug.

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
                  There are really just 3 things that I have seen go wrong with 65 reissue:
                  1. A bad output tube socket
                  2. Bad screen grid resistors (470 ohm 1 watt) change the output tubes, in that case...
                  3. The speaker plug, (molded plastic plug on speaker wire) which connects amp to speakers, goes bad. Replace w/ metal 90 degree switchcraft plug.
                  I've seen #1 and #3 quite a bit. I don't get why the tube sockets are failing (crackling noises that won't go away) after only 5-6 years. I also see lots of non-functional reverb due to connections both from the amp to the tank and inside the tanks.

One DRRI that had gone on tour across the country came in with an OPT that had fallen off due to metal fatigue of the mounting flanges.

Comment

Working...
                  X