Yamaha TA30 schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha TA30 schematic

Anyone have a schematic (or service manual would be even better) for one of these weird old amps?
    This is a basket case, parts missing etc. so it's beyond trying to figure out without proper drawings.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Here:
    http://bmamps.com/Schematics/Yamaha/TA30_60_120_SM2.pdf

Interesting to me that at the Yamaha support site it lists the model and the only thing there is that it was first made in 1967
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Spectaculero, thanks!
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Interesting to me that at the Yamaha support site it lists the model and the only thing there is that it was first made in 1967
        It has the strange styrofoam odd shaped speaker that was used in the Fender Bantam Bassman
        http://www.preservationsound.com/wp-.../bantam003.jpg

Comment

Wow. That is an odd duck? I've been doing this a long time and have not yet seen such a thing. I'm not sure I could find a recone kit for that one!
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Can I have that Trace Elliot?

Comment

Yamaha made a number of things with those and similar. In fact put the wedge side up and another just above it wedge side down, and they fit together to make a 2x??? cab that fills more of the baffle than round ones.

I have one that is even larger, like 15x18 or something. It was mounted in the kick panel of a home organ. The organ expression pedal was in the bottom of the kick panel in a recess. This speaker was kinda squared with rounded corners, but it had to clear the expression pedal, so the one corner of the speaker was concave - like the corner was bitten off - to clear. I always thought the thing looked like a large ear. I got no picture. It has been 20 some years ago, but when I worked at the music store, we actually needed one. On the off chance, we called Yamaha, and the guy said we lived right, we got the LAST one they had. I have the dead one. It used to hang on our wall as a conversation piece.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Oh wait...

RARE Yamaha JA-5101B SPEAKER...ODD SHAPE...LOOK!

Comment

Yamaha TA-20, TA-30, TA-60, (TA-90) , RA50, R60 - So weird and wacky Oz Valve amps thought them worthy of a mention !

"Japanese and solid-state, but in the period and a really odd one."

Link here>Yamaha

Comment

FWIW that's an Alnico magnet on the Yamaha.
                    From what I remember, those were killer clean sounding speakers.
                    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

http://bmamps.com/Schematics/Yamaha/TA30_60_120_SM1.pdf
                      It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                      X