Need DB Technologies SUB 05 or SUB 12 subwoofer amplifier schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi James,
    Thanks for feedback and for the links, i am very glad that you managed to repair yours.
    I had received my parts a few days ago but didn't had the time to replace them.
    I hope to have the time this weekend.
    From what i know, most amps can handle loads between 4-16 ohm, and lower resistance load generate more heat and higher loads needs more power for same RMS but obviously every amp has a recomended load.
    Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by izzzzzz6 View Post
      Ps. Does anyone know how or if it's possible to match an amp to change the load connected to it, i.e.. if i wanted a 4ohm speaker connected or if i wanted a 16ohm speaker connected is there a way to set this up by changing something in the amp's output stage?
      If you have a solid state amp such as this & it came with an 8 ohm speaker, roughly speaking, if you now install a 4 ohm speaker, the amplifier will try to deliver twice the power to that speaker.
      That is if the amplifier can produce that power without blowing up.
      Unless the amplifier documentation states that the amp is rated at 4 ohms, I would not recommend this coarse of action.

Installing a 16 ohm speaker will cut the power out in half.

Comment

I seem to remember the speaker that it was fitted with had a higher impedance than 8ohms i fitted a fairly powerful B&C driver, from what i can remember it's 8ohm, i ran the sub at almost full power for over 4 hrs with no problems, i will try it at full power next time, hopefully they will be well matched.
        I'm glad to have repaired this amp as it's been sitting on my shelf for over two years and i've been using the sub as a passive bass bin from time to time, it's the most compact sub i have so it comes in handy.
        James

Comment

Finally got some time today to replace the parts ordered more than one month ago and the sub is now alive!
          From the testing i did so far this sud sounds very good and loud for how compact and light it is, i am very satisfied.
          Hope the repairs i made will last.
          I want to thank everybody contributing to this thread, especially @doctor and @james for helping me repair this sub.
          Cheers!

Comment

Can anyone tell me what capacitor is blown here in the picture? this is from a DB sub05Click image for larger version

Name:	2014.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	835494

Comment

Is there a stenciled component designator printed on the board?

That doesn't look like a cap.

And that white stuff looks like antivibration goop.

Comment

Looks to me like a thermistor thermally coupled (with thermal paste) to some other component (ferrite coil or something?).

I don't see any blown component there.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                  Is there a stenciled component designator printed on the board?

That doesn't look like a cap.

And that white stuff looks like antivibration goop.
                  No markings next to this..

Comment

Does anyone have the circuit schematic for the DB sub05?

Comment

Originally posted by jvhaney View Post
                      No markings next to this..
                      Then it is not a capacitor.

Comment

Hi Guys. Just an update. I have been thrashing the sub now for a few years and it is still going strong. I am using a much beefier driver (the B&C). It kicks and still no problems since the repair. I believe it had originally overheated when some people left jackets stuffed down the back where the ventilator is positioned. I wasn't present at that gig.

Comment

Working...
                        X