Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Mission 5E3 cabinet

Hello Bruce,

Am interested in your cabinets for a 5E3 build. I have a question: Would it be possible to order a cabinet without the Mission Amps square logo?

Best,
    Chris

I don't think they come with them, in the kit anyway. BTW it's a beautiful cabinet .

Comment

Hmmm...

Saw this:

http://www.missionamps.com/cabinets.shtml

and saw that it said it comes with all hardware installed...

Comment

The hardware is installed. I bought the whole kit and my cabinet didn't come a logo plate. The handle was installed , the feet were on and the bolts for the speaker were installed

EDIT: Just looked at the webpage and it does show the cabinet with the logo on. Mine didn't come with one

Comment

Yes the brass logo plate is not installed nor included on a standard cabinet purchase.
          The brass Mission logo plate is a $12.00 option.

I don't try and cram my company name down any home builder's project amps but many builders buy them and install them anyhow!
          However, no tweed cabinet from me will come with the Mission plate installed on the cabinet unless I actually build the amp kit.
          Yes, I really build my own kits and hold nothing back from my kit builders... they get the exact same amp kit only build it themselves.

I'm proud of what I do so those amps always get the Mission plate installed and these amps are signed by me in the chassis and/or on the tube chart.
          Bruce

Mission Amps
          Denver, CO. 80022
          www.missionamps.com
          303-955-2412

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am trying to build as accurate a replica of the '57 Deluxe as possible.

Do your cabinets come with the screw-in feet or the nail in feet? As you know, the originals have the latter. If the former, can I make a special order for a cabinet without feet?

Thanks again!
            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
              Hi Bruce,Do your cabinets come with the screw-in feet or the nail in feet? As you know, the originals have the latter. If the former, can I make a special order for a cabinet without feet?
              All the cabinets have screw on metal feet with the rubber isolator between the cabinet and the metal disc... the nail on ones were just too cheap and would buzz badly if the cabinet was sitting on too hard of floor like, a wood floor or concrete.
              Ordering a special cabinet is sort of silly in my opinion.
              You can just unscrew the feet, glue a 1/8" diam. dowel in the screw hole, flush it with the tweed and then use a nail on one... I'm not sure but might I have some more nail on feet in the parts bins, but you might have to find them yourself if not.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

OK, thank you for your reply. Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Working...
                X