Fender original pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender original pots

Rebuilding an old 70`s Fender twin and all the pots have plastic spline shafts......thought this old school stuff was built with solid round shaft pots...Some of the knobs don`t quite fit the shafts properly...There are three pots in particular that had a metal split spline shaft...somebody snapped off one side of the split shaft so that they could use the pot with the existing knob......(this is obiviously not an original pot)......some of the knobs have set screws while others don`t....he is trying to get it back to original as much as possible........any thoughts......
    Cheers,
    Bernie

The plastic pots, that is the way the 70's amps were.

Replacement knobs are available.
    The part# is: 0990930000

Comment

Ok. Thanks Jazz P...I 'll change out the three metal shaft pots..they are not the right ones anyway......and I'll get a set of decent knobs for him....thanks a bunch...
      Cheers,
      Bernie
      P.S> |Just had a search on line...found them and I found 3 pots with nylon shafts as well...values look like they are the same...will place an order for these next week.....Once again, thanks for the reply.....Happy Easter......
      Cheers,
      Bernie
      Last edited by bsco; 04-20-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

If you are not going to replace all of the knobs, scuff up the new ones.

Comment

Huh?? ok I get it....I was planning to replace all the knobs so that the front panel would look better....Thanks for that tip....
          Cheers,
          Bernie

Comment

Working...
          X