Where can I get tube model for LTSpice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get tube model for LTSpice

I am bringing up LTSpice for simulation. I can only find a generic triode symbol. Where can I get the model of different vacuum tubes for LTSpice?

Thanks

Here is a good place to start:
    Vacuum Tube Spice Models - diyAudio
    Cheers,
    Ian

Comment

Here is a site: http://www.vcu.edu/csbc/bnfo601/Paul...oren_Tubes.inc

Comment

I can only find a generic triode symbol.
        Then your LTSpice version is stub. It should also include symbols for diode (both single and dual plate), tetrode and pentode (with and without internal connection of cathode and suppressor grid).

Where can I get the model of different vacuum tubes for LTSpice?
        This is a good site:
        Valves

You should not underestimate the power of Google searching either. e.g. It would have found the linked site in a second (as the first hit, may I add). Now you had to wait for days.

As with anything LTSPICE, there is a learning curve, and it will be steeper the more passive you are in doing the research on your own.

Comment

LTSpice was created by a wizard with funding from Linear Tech, intended as a way to allow simulation of switching power supply controllers and other LT goodies. It comes with models of all their parts, and lots of schematics for jigs for them. Years ago, it came with lots of other sample circuits, including a Fender Bandmaster. Apparently, LT got tired of supporting general use of the tool, and they've trimmed back the package to be focused entirely on LT silicon.

Fortunately, LTSpice is very simple to use. The creator does a tour most years (at least I think he still does), and he does a very good, instructional demo. If you live in a land of nerds, he'll probably come to you.

Spice, on the other hand, can be challenging, and some understanding of Spice helps a bunch. LTSpice just wraps a really clean, simple user interface around it, and you can't argue with the price. I used it last week to solve a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X