Marshall TSL 100...help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall TSL 100...help needed!

This amp was experiencing volumes jumps. I traced it to a damaged gain pot on the lead channel....it must have taken a hit, allowing a lot more side to side play than is normal, messing with the grounding scheme. Anyway, disassembled the front panel PCBs, I replaced the pot, reassembled....now, there is no sound and the channel lights are stuck on green/clean....the channel switching buttons don't do anything, and the clean channel controls don't work. no sound from the effects send jacks either. All the correct voltages are present on the power tubes and preamp tubes. I thought maybe a jumper connector got dislodged or maybe I splashed some solder somewhere I shouldn't have....but I pulled the front panel PCB off again and everything looks ok.

Any ideas on what might be amiss? Thanks for your help!

Maybe attach some close-up pics. I've been there too and hope you get it mastered!

Comment

I can trace signal to the crunch and lead PCBs

Comment

Also, when I press down on the end of the crunch PCB, the yellow crunch LED lights up when the underside of the LED contacts the switch casing below it...probably completing a ground connection. so there is low voltage supply present on the crunch PCB

Comment

On the pot you replaced is there any trace damage to where the case of the pot makes ground contact? Check every ground to be 100%. I read this yesterday and thought to trace signal and you did. Did you signal trace the clean board too?
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Working...
          X