Damn you DiMarzio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you DiMarzio!

Their 4 conductor cable was not designed properly- the cable itself is too thick and heavy for the tiny center conductors. Working in a small 3-pot control compartment with rear access is a nightmare.
    I was just trying to wire up a coil cut switch which was already there but I hadn't been using it- I figured it'd be an hour tops but here it is hours later and I am still cussing up a storm. I may decide to pull the pickups, remove the nickel covers and replace the cable with something decent. BTW the pickups are the EJ Customs which have a very open sound with unbalanced coils to get a strat-like tone. For a coil-tap switch you want the hot connected to the green and not the red lead (one coil sounds okay by itself, the other is too darned weak. The DC resistance is pretty much the same; the difference is in the magnetic load.)

Steve Ahola
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
    Their 4 conductor cable was not designed properly- the cable itself is too thick and heavy for the tiny center conductors. Working in a small 3-pot control compartment with rear access is a nightmare.
    I was just trying to wire up a coil cut switch which was already there but I hadn't been using it- I figured it'd be an hour tops but here it is hours later and I am still cussing up a storm. I may decide to pull the pickups, remove the nickel covers and replace the cable with something decent. BTW the pickups are the EJ Customs which have a very open sound with unbalanced coils to get a strat-like tone. For a coil-tap switch you want the hot connected to the green and not the red lead (one coil sounds okay by itself, the other is too darned weak. The DC resistance is pretty much the same; the difference is in the magnetic load.)

Steve Ahola
    "Damn you DiMarzio!"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1344.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	833254
    This is the 4 conductor cable installation tool.
    The right tool for the right job, is what I always say.

Comment

Working...
    X