No announcement yet.

Does anyone here tinker on turntables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here tinker on turntables?

I've got an old Rotel RP-2500 that I'm trying to resurrect. I put a new belt on it, but the strobe lamp works intermittently, and the turntable speed warbles every couple of seconds. If anyone can point me in the right direction to fix this thing, or to a website to further my education, I'd appreciate it.
    I've got a 4 year old and a 6 year old taking a strong interest in music, and I'd like to play them some of my vinyl....

Neal

Neal,
    There are several turntable related links on the following web page
    http://www.dual-reference.com/vintlink.htm
    The main site is for Dual but I see info on other brands as well as generic turntable information.
    Regards,
    Tom

Comment

Thank you, Tom!
      Neal

Comment

Sometimes you get lucky!

I opened up the turntable tonight, and got ready to test some voltages in the power supply. I moved the tonearm to start the motor, when I heard faint sizzling noises... coming from the tonearm switch (a little 'normally open' switch that closes when you move the tonearm into 'play' position). A shot of Caig DeOxit, and some rapid-fire button pushing, seemed to do the trick. The strobe lamp now is bright and steady, and the turntable speed is rock steady. Now, when I play Neil Young's 'Harvest', Neil's voice is the only thing that warbles.

Neal

Comment

Working...
        X