Clear All

• $7k Peavey Amp ??!

Odd bird
    Peavey Masterpiece 50 | eBayClick image for larger version

Name:	$_12.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	868503

acrylic isn't even polished at the edges...
    Last edited by tedmich; 05-17-2014, 04:43 PM.

I already submitted bids of $1.39, 2.36, and $2.99 respectively.
    My offers of 1.39, 2.36 were rejected. My bid of $2.99 was submitted.
    I sure hope I get it.
    I want to make it into a mailbox.

Comment

excellent idea!

Click image for larger version

Name:	918a378fbcd4av2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	833359

Comment

I wouldn't use a lucite mailbox... How am I gonna avoid embarrassment when my Care Bears Blu-Ray collection comes in?

The Marshall on the other hand... that would more than mask my taste in wussy 80s cartoons.

Justin

No, I never owned a Care Bear.
        "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
        "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
        "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
          wussy 80s cartoons.
          Always meant to learn the guitar lick from the thundercats theme, but somehow forgot about it. Till you reminded me now.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Well... The non Plexiglas Masterpiece 50 has a base MSRP of $2399.99

I sure wouldn't pay an extra $4600.00 for the Plexiglas cabinet. It doesn't even seem to have LED illumination! An obvious "must do" IMHO.

I suppose it does have the distinction of being the presentation amp. And so, probably hand wired by one guy. Not an unheard of price in that regard I suppose, but still really high. This isn't a slam on Peavey, but how special can that amp be? It's not like it's a vintage Marshall or Fender. Those brands have the distinction of defining the sound of the electric guitar by virtue of their history. Peavey has yet to do that. I guess you don't get anything if you don't ask though. Even if it is an extra 4600 clams.

Instead of an amp for a mailbox, how about a mailbox for an amp? Complete with mounted 4x4 post. Fun to see on stage.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by soundguruman View Post
              I want to make it into a mailbox.
              Mailbox? How about a terrarium. I could see some moss & rocks in there with a couple of salamanders.
              This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
                Mailbox? How about a terrarium. I could see some moss & rocks in there with a couple of salamanders.
                Who needs tubes when there are live salamanders in there? I think you are onto something.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Thomas View Post
                  I wouldn't use a lucite mailbox... How am I gonna avoid embarrassment when my Care Bears Blu-Ray collection comes in?

The Marshall on the other hand... that would more than mask my taste in wussy 80s cartoons.

Justin

No, I never owned a Care Bear.
                  Your offer has been declined on the following eBay item:
                  Peavey Masterpiece 50
                  Your offer price: US $2.36
                  Seller terms: --
                  BIN price: US $6,999.99
                  Check and see if you can make another Best Offer | View item | Go to My eBay

Don't let it get away!.

Awh Crap!
                  I got my hopes up for nothing! Well....maybe I will go as high as $3.50...

You gotta admit, a Peavey tube amp mailbox would look really cool at the front entrance to my repair shop...

Although, I do prefer Marshall personally.
                  I just can't stand the thought of leaving a Marshall out in the rain! Blaspheme I say....

Well, if any of you guys decide to click the "buy it Now" button...
                  I don't hold personal grudges. May the best bidder win.
                  Last edited by soundguruman; 05-18-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

There were a few really nice AC30s built in Perspex in the 60s. One came up on Fee-bay in 2012 with a starting price of $15,000. Can't help thinking they'd end up jellyfish-shaped with the heat.

Now thinking of jellyfish, I could combine it with a marine aquarium. With a guitar-playing prawn.

Stevie-Ray Prawn.

Comment

also NOT cheap:

best matched with

I watched Greg Ginn beat the CRAP out of one of these about 5 feet away at the tiny Satyricon many years ago...

Comment

Working...
                      X