Recomendation for 2X10 speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendation for 2X10 speakers?

I have inherited a 2X10 cabinet and would like to replace the speakers. I play mostly blues and bluesy jazz and will be using this cab with an Ethos Overdrive Amp. A friend recommended a combination of a Warehouse G10C and G10C/S. I have used a Warehouse 12" speaker before (the ET65) and really liked it. Any other recommendations for Eminence or Celestion?

Emi Copperhead if you don't need bright, Ragin Cajun if you do, or one of each for balance!

Comment

Must it be Eminence or Celestion? I recently replaced a pair of speakers in my brown Super with new Jensen Falcon 10's and my ears are very happy. For a long time I've also liked Jensen C10Q. Both very reasonably priced. You can source them thru Antique Electronics and I'm sure other dealers. For the record I had some @ 25 year old Celestion 50's in the Super. They were OK but didn't really match the amp's style sonically.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

I really like both Emi Legend 10" models. The ceramic is efficient, punchy and a tad dark. Perfect for blues and Jazz IMHO. The alnico is a tad brighter in the jangly frequencies, seems to compress a little and is just great. It costs a bit less than other, better known alnico 10's. I have a 4x10 loaded with the ceramics (model 1058 I think) and I love them. The same cabinet with the alnicos (model 1028k I think) sounded like god.
        "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I'll second that. The Emi 1028 are fantastic speakers! Sound very much like what most people seem to expect to hear out of old alnico speakers, but in a new speaker. Furthermore, they are lower on the sensitivity side (as opposed to 97-99 dB fire breathers which is crazy for a 10) so they won't blow you out of the room.

The Tone Tubby "Low Watt" line are also wonderful speakers but the pricing is on the extreme high side.

Comment

Thanks to you all for these great suggestions!

Comment

Working...
            X