No announcement yet.

Cryogenic treatment of guitars warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So with all the build up of tension in this thread, even parts created and shipped and it all led to.........nothing? LMAO

Comment

• Silvertone Jockey

So with all the build up of tension in this thread, even parts created and shipped and it all led to.........nothing? LMAO

Well, not exactly *nothing*

Some say that the effect does not last long, but on my guitar at least, for the following 6 months I experienced:

not forgetting that to be able to play it, I needed some special clothing:

But ok, so you don't quite believe it, no matter how many Forum cat brawls have been started by this?

Ok, then try the "DUO-Treatment [tm]":

should answer all your doubts:
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

• Originally posted by Silvertone Jockey View Post
        So with all the build up of tension in this thread, even parts created and shipped and it all led to.........nothing? LMAO
        I wound, shipped and donated a pickup for this project!
        You're right, Nothing!
        I should have kept it and put it in my strat! lol
        Which proves that Usually on this forum, it's mostly talk, and very little action!
        Last edited by big_teee; 03-26-2015, 01:05 PM.
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

• I dunno, I learned that cryo is a great way of adding value to your stock and selling it at a higher price. Of course we ought not to listen to those motivated financially by this process (I mean the economic one, not the cryogenic one), or to those unable to distinguish between worthwhile information and sales talk. So yep, that's about all I learned from this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_teee View Post
            I wound, shipped and donated a pickup for this project!
            You're right, Nothing!
            I should have kept it and put it in my strat! lol
            Which proves that Usually on this forum, it's mostly talk, and very little action!
            Hey, don't be so harsh on MEF (and Forums in general)

Forums are *talking* places

That said, congratulations on having grabbed the bull by the horns and actually dared to donate a pickup to the cause.

And I'm quite sure that MEF shows way more practical action (as in actually doing and testing stuff) than all other Forums combined.

No kidding.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

• Read the whole thread.
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

• Absence of a proven negative effect means its ok to make money on it!
                Like cigarettes for about 200 years...

Maybe the three cold amigos have been continuously testing (double blinded of course) for the last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
                  Hey, don't be so harsh on MEF (and Forums in general)

Forums are *talking* places

That said, congratulations on having grabbed the bull by the horns and actually dared to donate a pickup to the cause.

And I'm quite sure that MEF shows way more practical action (as in actually doing and testing stuff) than all other Forums combined.

No kidding.
                  Bold: Absolutely! Where else can you get actual practical problem solving advice delivered by seasoned pro's who sometimes try to outdo each other to give said advice for FREE?

Comment

• Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                    Maybe the three cold amigos have been continuously testing (double blinded of course) for the last year?
                    They're stuck in their LN chamber, frozen solid along with Walt Disney and Timothy Leary. Be careful folks when you experiment.
                    This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• Cryogenic Treatment of Guitarists (without warning)

Oops.

Misread the thread title.

Tempting idea..
                      "Det var helt Texas" is written Nowegian meaning "that's totally Texas." When spoken, it means "that's crazy."

Comment

Working...
                      X