Vibroluxish build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibroluxish build

I'm planning to build an amp that is going to more or less a straight up copy of the 6G11 vibrolux amplifier. At the moment I'm trying to interpret the schematics. If anyone has the time to look at my values, circuitry etc. For instance, is the cap C17 properly placed?

Cheers!Click image for larger version

Name:	version1.png
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	868590
    In this forum everyone is entitled to my opinion.

C17 looks ok. Your PI is missing a tail. Your NFB is being applied to the grid coupling node. You should have a resistor between the R11 and R10 junction and the NFB should enter the circuit at the node between the new resistor and R10. The new resistor should be something like 10k to 22k.
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you... I try to 'decipher' this scheme: http://elektrotanya.com/PREVIEWS/634...chem.pdf_1.png

I think it's very hard to see everything in this picture. Are you sure there's a resistor between R10 and R11?
      Last edited by überfuzz; 06-11-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Your PI is the same as the 6G11 with the exception of R10 and R21. R21 can be adjusted for taste, but R10 will affect the bias of the PI tube, so I think you will want to use the 1.5K stock value.
        Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That 100K 'feedback resistor' grabbed me as odd.

Comment

ok then, my next guess is 56k on the feedback resistor. Closer?

Thanks for all input, it really helps a lot.

How does the C17 capacitor affect the tone stack?

Comment

There's still a resistor missing from the PI. There needs to be a PI "tail" and then the resistor following would be the shunt for the NFB circuit. Simply changing the NFB series resistor to 56k while retaining the circuit as it is drawn won't fix the problem. I shot typical values for the tail resistor. It looks like the 6G11 uses a 6.8k tail and then a 1.5k NFB shunt with a 56k NFB series resistor. The 56k series resistor and the 1.5k shunt form a divider with a specific ratio. If you veer from this without understanding what's happening (or with an incomplete circuit) you're just shooting in the dark. With the 100k resistor you have in the schematic you could simply use a 3.3k shunt resistor for a very similar ratio to the stock circuit. But it doesn't matter a lick if you don't add a tail to your PI.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

I'm not following you Chuck, his R11 (6K8) is in the same position as the 6800 shown as the tail for the 6G11 (shown in link from post #3). Are you looking at a different 6G11 schematic or am I missing something?
                As I said earlier, altering the 1500 (to 4K7) will mess with the bias of the tube, so I think he should stick with the 1500. Otherwise the only difference I can see is the 56K is changed to 100K.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Was there a different schematic posted originally? I'm seeing the same tail, R11, as g-one.
                  "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
                  - Yogi Berra

Comment

Ignore all my above posting. Somehow I managed to see the circuit posted incorrectly and made a mistake.

As per the NFB ratio... The 100k series resistor is fine. The larger shunt resistor will INCREASE the NFB ratio. Go with a 3.3k instead of the 4.7k on the bottom of the tail. That'll be similar to the original. Or, as suggested, go with the 56k and the 1.5k shunt like the original amp.

Comment

I did change the resistors to the stock values. The thing is, im having a hard time reading the pixly schematics i found. Your input really helps a lot.

Comment

Fender Vibrolux 6G11 Schematic

6G11 schematic.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                          6G11 schematic.
                          That's the one I have. Eh well lets just say I'm having a hard time figuring out what's on it... Your input has helped a lot!

Comment

At the moment I'm leaning towards ab763ing it a bit. I.e. add a mid control and a merge the bright/normal channels into one channel with a bright switch.

Comment

Here's a much cleaner schem for those that might have trouble reading the others floating about.
                              vibrolux_6g11 (layout, schematic).pdf
                              Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Working...
                              X