• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra thin magnetic pickups

ultra thin magnetic pickups 2.7 mm

hello to all
    I wanted to know how what you think of the latter pickups built by me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTtHxOf6LnE

From the short video, it actually sounds pretty good to me. Would have liked to hear some chords though.

What is the construction?
    =============================================

Keep Winding...Keep Playing!!!

Jim

Comment

Sounds pretty good, though it would be nice to hear it direct, not through an amp.

The DCR readings really don't tell us anything, though. It's a spec that too many have come to believe means something in terms of pickup power. It doesn't unless you're dealing with different number of turns of the same wire on the same pickup core.

I'm going to assume you have a lot fewer turns than we usually see in pickups, but the turns are all close to the strings. I'd guess this is a pretty low impedance pickup, but you get more "oomph" because of the proximity to the strings of even the lowest turns in the coil.

This is a potentially very useful design for a lot of instruments where one would want to surface mount a pickup and gain can be made up elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        and sorry for my English is not perfect, (use google translator).
        As soon as possible, get better video and photos.
        For me it is a hobby, and now I have very little time to devote to the pickups.

the pickups are built using 2 sheets of thin steel, between them, between 2 plates, are placed neodymium magnets and made ​​the winding, 42 awg wire, grounded plates, plates welded together for added strength structural.

low resistance, low impedance, fewer windings,

the strings are not very close to the pickups

I agree that reading the LCR does not say anything about the characteristics of the pickups.

the pickups has been used by making use of a small pre-amplifier with integrated TL071
        Last edited by surdopickups; 06-12-2014, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X