Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue glow and distortion noise on the clean setting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue glow and distortion noise on the clean setting.

Hi. I just bought my guitar a new Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue. I've had it for 3 days now and it sounds great! I used to have a small 15 watt Peavey Rage, so the jump from that to the 40 watt Blues Deluxe was amazing!

Anyway, I'm pretty new to the whole tube amp concept, but I have a couple of worries about the amp. First, when the power tubes (the two big ones) has a blue glow along with the normal orange - that is not necessarily anything to worry about, is it? How do I know when to worry?

I'm not really sure how to explain this concern (I'm norwegian and it's hard to discribe the noise). Second, the amp sometimes makes a distortion noise when I pluck the strings - even on the clean setting. When I've first turn the amp on it seems normal, but the noise sometimes comes fading slowly in. The amp also seems to loose volume as the noise fades in. Another way to discribe it is to say it looses it's "freshness", if that makes anymore sense.

I did read a couple of articles on the "inter-web" before asking you, but they didn't really make me any wiser so I have come to you. Allthough I guess the best way to find the problem is to take it back to the store, but I wanted to ask you before I went down there.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Wiborg; 07-30-2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: Felt the title needed more of a desprate/needy tone to it.

The blue glow is normal.As for the noise,it is hard to tell from just a description but it sounds like it could be a power supply issue,but then again I am sure 10 different people would have 10 different suggestions,all of which could be possible,so since the amp is new and I assume still under warranty,take it back and have it looked at.

Comment

I agree, that is what warranties are for.

Ball up your fist, and whack the top of the amp. Turn the reverb off first. It should remain silent. ANy crackles and pops mean a loose connection or a bad tube. Tap on each tube with something - a pencil, your fingernail - any response out the speaker is suspect, except the first preamp tube. That one will always respond a little.

You might just have a noisy preamp tube.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
      X