the source for DE-5000 LCR meters on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the source for DE-5000 LCR meters on ebay

kind of funny. Saw some ebay sellers based in Japan selling these (apparently) :

‚“x‚k‚b‚qƒ[ƒ^‚c‚d|‚T‚O‚O‚O@Ž“”•ʁEƒfƒ…ƒAƒ‹•\Ž: ‘’ŠEŒv‘ŠŠ˜A HŒŽ“dŽq’ʏ “dŽq•”•i ƒlƒbƒg’”

I suppose if you look at the price, you can figure out the seller's approximate cost and make a better buying decision (and not overpay). These appear to be the same (as far as I can tell) as the "IET DE-5000" (as reviewed by EEV blog). The LCR meter only is roughly USD47. Why so inexpensive? (I'm speculating that) they (the vendor they are from--not the ebay re-sellers) took advantage of the super high yen vs. dollar exchange rate (before this current Japanese administration came into power) to buy a truckload(or semi load or whatever) and passed the savings on to the consumer. The vendor is sort of a "mini(or minimini) Mouser", been in business for a few decades (every time I've gone to the Akihabara store, the place seems to always be jam packed--so therefore, I'm guessing they have lots of cash to make big bulk purchases).

I bought one of these (since they are inexpensive, boast a bit more accuracy than my other LCR meter plus a bit more functionality such as DC measurement, ESR measurement, and 100kHz freq.) but haven't had the chance to use it very much. FWIW, some measurements I took:

Two 147k 'dogbone' 1% metal films I had previously sorted as closely matched pairs (using my old handheld LCR meter) :

146.03k (1kHz)
    146.04k (1kHz)

(it seemed easier to obtain more consistent readings around this (100k-ish) range than with my old meter (seemed a real pain to get consistency))

Two 20R0 1% metal films
    20.00Ω (1kHz)
    20.01Ω

22nF100V x2 (polypropylene)
    21.89nF (1kHz)
    21.88-89nF

(temp: 30.9℃ (I think this was some time last summer))

oh, and also, if anyone was wondering if the accessories (plug-in alligator clips, SMT tweezers) could be used for other generally similar LCR meters, it looks like the answer is "no" (at least in regards to my old one:

http://shop.con-pro.net/image/i/0/17/001768.jpg

--apparently now gone out of production). (I thought perhaps the accessories would fit my old one which I did not buy the SMT tweezer leads for since they seemed rather pricey, but unfortunately they do not.)

Lastly please note that I have nothing to do with the vendor or the ebay re-sellers, so if you take the risk I would take whatever usual precautions (check reputation, payment method harder to abscond with etc.).
Working...
X