Computer Funnies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Funnies!

How about a thread that concerns funny emails about computers?
    Or Computer Jokes.

I got this one yesterday, from my Aunt!

Senior Trying to Set A Password

USER: cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must be more than 8 characters.

USER: boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain 1 numerical character.

USER: 1 boiled cabbage

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot have blank spaces.

USER: 50bloodyboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password must contain at least one upper case character.

USER: 50BLOODYboiledcabbages

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot use more than one upper case character consecutively.

USER: 50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYouDon'tGiveMeAcc essNow!

WINDOWS: Sorry, the password cannot contain punctuation.

USER: ReallyPissedOff50BloodyBoiledCabbagesShovedUpYourAssIfYo uDontGiveMeAccessNow

WINDOWS: Sorry, that password is already in use.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

What gives me a laugh is I've actually done something similar, with probably the same level of frustration.

Comment

Great one. It will take me a while to come up with something new in that class.
      Made me laugh until my eyes teared up.

Comment

I like this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bz-panel-09-27-12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	833683

Comment

Programmer goes shopping. Wife tells him "get a gallon of milk and if they have eggs get a dozen." He comes back with twelve gallons of milk and tells his missus, "yes they had eggs."
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Leo I thought maybe he brought back this many eggs!
            1100 or maybe this many 1101 for a bakers dozen?
            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
            Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Hammer View Post
              I like this one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29386[/ATTACH]

C'mon, Mark- don't show us a tiny snapshot- show us something that we can actually see!

"How he do dat???"

Okay here is the trick. When you click on the picture frame icon in the post edit box you are given a choice of inserting a picture from your hard drive or from a URL. If you select URL and uncheck "Retrieve remote file..." the graphic is shown full-size. The other two options in this dialog box save the picture as an attachment which is not displayed full-size.

"Okay, Steve- the picture is on my hard drive. How can I insert a web link to a file that is on my computer? I don't want to hassle with uploading it to Imageshack and then coming back to post the link here. Help me Mr. Wizzard!"

Here is the trick behind the trick. Go ahead and save the picture as an attachment. Click on the attachment so that it is displayed full-size and then right click and select "Copy Image Location." Now you have an URL to paste into the Insert Image dialog box. Capisce?

Okay- here is one more trick but a bit of background first. With WinXP I was able to set my folders up so that downloads would go into a specific folder in Drive E: which I would then use to upload files to the internet. Easy peasy. Well, with Windows 7 my downloads end up in one of at least 4 folders. I have My Documents set to Drive E: but Win 7 insists on having a separate My Documents folder under C:\user\steve. In two words it is a big fucking mess!

If I want to upload something I just downloaded here is the trick. After saving the file once I proceed to save it a second time, only this time I sort the file list by date and select the file I just saved. I then right click and select Copy (I copy the file not just the filename.) That file is now in the Clipboard and when I go to upload it to another site if it is not already in the file list displayed I will then Paste it into the list and then select it for the upload. Sounds confusing but once you've done it a few times you'll be able to do it without thinking (perhaps not the best thing when participating in an on-line discussion but what the heck...)

Step 1: Save Image as File

Step 2: Copy File that was just saved to clipboard

Step 3: Paste File in clipboard into dialog box for image or file upload

Step 4: Hit OK and you are done!

NOTE: I usually close the original dialog box from the "host" program (Steps 1 & 2) but for some programs like Acrobat XI you need to leave it open otherwise you don't get the Paste option with a right click.

Steve

P.S. I usually delete the attachments since they are no longer needed but I left them here in case anyone wants to try this themselves. BTW I had to delete the smiley after my first remark because the BBS software allows no more than 8 images in a post or reply here. (Smiley's do count as images.) However images created from characters do not count as images...

`*•.¸¸.•¨Ż¨• ♫ ★☆
              ~★~..~~☆~\____________III III
              ~~ ||~( ♫ )~[|| ||]~}}}}}}}
              ~☆~~~~★~/ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻIII III
              ..•¸¸.•``•._..• ♫♫

Name:	MEF Insert Image.jpg
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	833685

Name:	MEF Copy Image Location.jpg
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	833686

Name:	MEF Save Image.jpg
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	833687

Name:	MEF Copy File.jpg
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	833688

Name:	MEF Paste File.jpg
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	833689

Name:	MEF Do It!.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	833690
              Last edited by Steve A.; 06-23-2014, 11:46 PM.
              The Blue Guitar
              www.blueguitar.org
              Some recordings:
              https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Terry

Comment

Working...
                X