Advent Powered Loudspeaker help troubleshooting woofer amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advent Powered Loudspeaker help troubleshooting woofer amp

Hello, I'm working on an advent powered loudspeaker for a friend. One works perfectly, the other has no output on the woofer amp. I've pulled it open and verified that everything is connected and the woofer works but all I get in output is from the tweeter amp. I can trace the input through the circuit and have output on the output transistors but it doesn't make it to the speakers. I'm not sure how to trouble shoot the board so I thought I'd see if anyone here can help me out.
    I work on tube amps and am self taught so I am very fuzzy on solid state amplification.
    Here is a link to the schematic: http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/I...1120068861.gif

Thanks for any help.
    Dave

I'm doing some more signal tracing and have signal at R27 at TP101 so I'm thinking that there could be a problem with the contactors in the relay circuit??

Comment

Yes, if the signal is at TP101 and the relay is engaged for the tweeter, then the relay or connections for the woofer are bad.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g-one View Post
        Yes, if the signal is at TP101 and the relay is engaged for the tweeter, then the relay or connections for the woofer are bad.
        yup, you nailed it. I switched out the contactor from the working speaker and the non-working woofer is now woofing up a storm. Sometimes I wish I would try the obvious things first!

Comment

Good to hear you fixed it. Normally I would have thought the relay was not closing due to a protection issue, but your schematic showed the protection/delay circuit was common to both sides of the relay (woofer and tweeter). So for this case, if the relay closes for the tweeter, it must also close for the woofer.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X