Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CList: 3 sets of Bass strings - used once & boiled (?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, but I think I will stick with the name brands.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      So where is the best and cheapest place to buy bass strings.
      From my searches, juststrings, seem to be the cheapest.
      Where do other USA players buy bass strings, that buy them all the time?
      Strings, Instrument Strings, Music Strings for Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Fiddle and More
      T
      T,

I've been buying from juststrings.com for several years. I like their selection, and they ship fast. You have to buy enough to make the shipping price worth it, so I usually buy at least 10 sets.
      "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
      - Yogi Berra

Comment

I bought some guitar strings from them... just awful. I had to remove them two days later, because they were dead already.

I use D'Addario strings; they are reasonably priced and last a long time.

For the XL Nickel bass strings, they have a twin pack with two sets for just a bit more than a single set.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
          So where is the best and cheapest place to buy bass strings.
          From my searches, juststrings, seem to be the cheapest.
          Where do other USA players buy bass strings, that buy them all the time?
          Strings, Instrument Strings, Music Strings for Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Fiddle and More
          T
          I get them from a few places. Recently I've been buying from Welcome to Bass Strings Online - Your Custom Bass String Shop.... But I also get them from Strings, Instrument Strings, Music Strings for Guitar, Bass, Mandolin, Fiddle and More, or I google and see who has the best prices.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

I occasionally/accidentally "treat" my strings with a special mixture of Vodka, Kahlua, and cream. It is of no use whatsoever for brightening tone or extending string life, but it sure is fun.
            "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

White Russian Strings?
              "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
              - Yogi Berra

Comment

The Dude Abides!!
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeM View Post
                  T,

I've been buying from juststrings.com for several years. I like their selection, and they ship fast. You have to buy enough to make the shipping price worth it, so I usually buy at least 10 sets.

I buy a bass set form Juststrings every couple years... they are the best place to build up the ultra light 6 string bass set (Ken Smith long scale round wound SS) that I string DtoD as an octave guitar on 35" scale bass; almost 300 lbs of total neck tension!

Comment

I tried these guys out a few weeks ago because their prices were 10-20% lower than anybody else. Unlike JustStrings (who rock!) they carry only the most popular string sets but if they have what you are looking for you can save money. A flat rate of $2.99 for shipping.

Guitar String Warehouse - Order Guitar Strings, Fast Shipping!

I have a friend who moved to Mexico and he boils his strings since they are not readily available in the village where he lives. Used strings could be cool but not if the nut and bridge are different from your guitar or bass.

Steve
                    The Blue Guitar
                    www.blueguitar.org
                    Some recordings:
                    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

Originally posted by tedmich View Post
                      I buy a bass set form Juststrings every couple years... they are the best place to build up the ultra light 6 string bass set (Ken Smith long scale round wound SS) that I string DtoD as an octave guitar on 35" scale bass; almost 300 lbs of total neck tension!
                      Every couple of years? As in you leave them on the bass that long? I once had a set of LaBella flats on my Rick for 4 years. Then I broke one. Roundwounds I change every month or two.

I like the Ken Smith strings. I used to use those a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X