Trace Elliot Output Transformer problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace Elliot Output Transformer problems

The output transformer blew for the second time on my Speed Twin C50. From what I have read online the 'custom wound' read poorly wound transformer seems to go quite often. I contacted britishaudioservices about a replacement 4 months ago but it seems their supplier has dissapeared. So I would like to replace the transformer with another brand of transformer (maybe a standard fender or marshall??) possibly with a higher output rating say 60w instead of 50w. Any suggestions on a transformer to use? What information do I need to choose a new transformer?

Your help is most appreciated,

Fergus

I don't think looking for 60w instead of 50w will do much more than make the search more complicated.

A real simple, non-technical way to select a transformer is this: Look at the number and type of power tubes - like four 6L6 or two EL84 or whatever - and find a transformer for another amp with the same lineup.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thanks! Are there any transformers that are readily available that are more reliable than others?

Comment

Well I'd expect something from Fender would outlast what you have been burning up. But there are any number of suitable brands.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by fjbagley View Post
          Thanks! Are there any transformers that are readily available that are more reliable than others?
          Any luck on this ? Mine just blew on my C50 I think.

CRG

Comment

Working...
          X