Why go all PDF links give me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why go all PDF links give me...

a black document with a white dot in the center?

What OS and browser are you using? Post a link to a post where you are having a problem. I'm using Adobe Reader XI. I had a problem with one pdf on the SSGuitar board, it downloaded but gave me an error and wouldn't open it.
    WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
    REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

There was a problem with the forums a couple years ago, and alot of the stuff from 2010-2012 was zorched.

Sadly, there's no 'fix' that I've seen yet, other than some that were reposted. There's even been issues with folks that try to post the same file again, and the forum 'senses' the size/type and yields the same issue, even though it's a 'fresh' post. So in those cases, the file size has to be modified slightly, or the easiest fix has been to zip it, then post the zip.

I'm sure other's can offer more info though..
      Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Dead files from a server crash. ANywhere you see one of those dead links, just post right there that the link is dead, and someone will repost it in most cases.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Might be the old stuff, as since my post I've been able to download some stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X