I want to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to help

I've been a lurker for some time. Looking back over my time here, I've recognized a lot of help regarding schematics and repair advice being given out.
    I've found some schematics here myself and have saved a lot of time and money (time is money) not having to wait for manufacturers to send service info.
    So, in the spirit of giving back to the community, I will make available any service info I have available from my 40+ years of repairing music electronics.
    Unfortunately, I am under a non-disclosure agreement for some manufacturers, but I have tons of old info dating back to the 60s.
    Let me know if I can help.

Jeff

Hi, welcome.

We won't ask you to break the NDAs.

EAsy to help, just watch the schematics request section, and in the other parts, if you see a request you can fill, go ahead and fill it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

It's also nice to know that some new improved scans could be made available. It seems like many e-copies of old schematics were made in the dawn of the internet when it was important to minimize file size. They were very low resolution and may have suffered from multiple re-compressions. Not to mention "features" like cut off edges and careless page alignment. Most postings are the same original scans but every so often a new improved version appears that is much more legible.

Thanks for the offer.
      Tom

Comment

Welcome Jeff
        Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

+1 on Welcome Aboard plus thanx in advance for the schematics you'll be posting. You might already know MEF lost a treasury of schematics in a server crash about 15 months ago. It's a long slow recovery & whatever you care to post will be to the good.
          This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Further to the point of the schematics lost in the crash, if you upload the same pdf as one of the dead ones, it will show as being there, but will not work. So best to zip any pdf files and upload the zip files.
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X