Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. Need two 7 String HB base plates-Mojo Tone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. Need two 7 String HB base plates-Mojo Tone.

Hey all.
    Like the title says.
    I desperately need two MojoTone 7 String humbucker base plates and Mojo is out of stock
    I know of no other place to get them so I would be extremely grateful for any help from a forum member.

Thanks
    Rob.

For anybody that could kindly help me out with two base plates I'll gladly replace them with four base plates as soon as they're back in stock.

I'm in a pinch and really need these 2 baseplates.
    Thanks

Comment

7-String Pickup Winding Kit | Allparts.com
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
        Thanks David, If no member is willing to help out with the base plates in the next few days I'll have to grab the kits.
        I Didn't really want to spend $14.00 + shipping on the kit when I only need two $4 base plates.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks having to by the whole kit. I didn't look to see if they have the parts separately, but that's the only source I found when Googling.
          It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

None separately David, they're out of stock. I ordered 2 kits and the sent one and back ordered the other so I'm still in need of one base plate.

Could someone please help me out with ONE Mojo or Allparts 7 string humbucker baseplate..... please????
            Thanks

Comment

Hi Stratz
              Ibanez RG7321 7 String AH1 7 Neck Humbucker Guitar Pickup PU 1938 | eBay You'll end up with some spare parts left over. If it's for a customer you might have to bite the bullet or charge them the extra. $8 extra isn't going to break the bank.

Cheers

Andrew
              I don't know if it'll help
              Originally posted by Stratz View Post
              None separately David, they're out of stock. I ordered 2 kits and the sent one and back ordered the other so I'm still in need of one base plate.

Could someone please help me out with ONE Mojo or Allparts 7 string humbucker baseplate..... please????
              Thanks

Comment

Thanks
                Why not make a baseplate from forbon?

Comment

Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
                  Why not make a baseplate from forbon?
                  It's a direct body mount style and the customer has already bought 7 HB's from me. Forbon wont be acceptable to them.

I cant believe that not one member is willing to part with ONE base plate.... Please.
                  Thanks

Comment

I don't make 7 string pickups or I would send you one.
                    Probably not getting a reply, I doubt a lot of guys make them.
                    T
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

If I had one, I'd gladly share. I don't stock any 7 string parts though.

When I need a one-off baseplate for a project, I use nickel silver (or brass depending on application) sheets. They are readily available from countless sources online, if not locally. I cut the sheet stock with a bandsaw, bend into shape on a break, and drill tap appropriately. The edges can be cleaned up with sandpaper, files, buffer, etc. It's really simple if you have the tools and the tools are essential around a custom parts shop and not that expensive if you shop used.

Comment

I cant make my own to match the Mojo style. They've got oval shaped holes and a few other things that are much different than a standard PAF style base plate. If it were like a PAF I'd have made one by now.

I've got about a week left to find one.
                        Thanks all

Comment

Hi Stratz

I just had a look on the mojo site, I can't really see why if you can make a paf base plate you can't make the 7 string plate, oval holes can be made using a round file or a deremel. Of course it is a pain in the bum spending an hour or so to make a $4 dollar component. I once bought a lathe for 450 pounds when pounds were worth something to make my own tuners. A couple of old time Geordie engineers put me right on that idea, but the lathe came in useful for a zillion other things. If you want to do it right do it yourself.

Cheers

Andrew
                          I cant make my own to match the Mojo style. They've got oval shaped holes and a few other things that are much different than a standard PAF style base plate. If it were like a PAF I'd have made one by now.

I've got about a week left to find one.
                          Thanks all

Comment

Originally posted by the great waldo View Post
                            Hi Stratz

I just had a look on the mojo site, I can't really see why if you can make a paf base plate you can't make the 7 string plate, oval holes can be made using a round file or a deremel. Of course it is a pain in the bum spending an hour or so to make a $4 dollar component. I once bought a lathe for 450 pounds when pounds were worth something to make my own tuners. A couple of old time Geordie engineers put me right on that idea, but the lathe came in useful for a zillion other things. If you want to do it right do it yourself.

Cheers

Andrew
                            Andrew, the customer is supposed to get 3 sets. I have all but the last set finished. Theres no way he's not going to be able to tell that one is a bit "off" from the rest and I cant do business like that.
                            I do appreciate the suggestions but I've probably thought of most every option available but what I need is a base plate.

I've had one offer for a base plate from a member who is a good friend but it will take weeks to get to me from Russia which will be too late.

Still hoping someone will come through.
                            Thanks again

Comment

You can do like I do, when I can't get parts, or don't want to make something?
                              Tell them to buy a Seymour Duncan!
                              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X