Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sub For FR207 Diode?

Hi All
    I am looking at Crate V50 that has some burnt components on the power supply PCB. Some power resistors torched and took out a neighboring FR207 diode. It is described on the Crate part list as "Fast FR207 1000V 2A 500NS DO-15". Is there a possible more common replacement? Also should I try to save and reuse the ferrite beads that are on the components?
    Thanks in advance!

Also....here is a link to the schematic, taken from another thread

http://music-electronics-forum.com/a...er-supply-.pdf

Comment

Yes, you want to use the ferrite beads if possible.
      What is available as a sub will depend where you are. Search at any of your suppliers for the parameters you listed, 1000V, 2A, 500ns or less fast recovery type diode, axial lead.
      MUR2100E looks fairly common.
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What stinks is that I have all of the other components but I will have to make a special order for one diode....boo hoo poor me!

Comment

Cases like that are when I break down and call the local consumer electronics repair guy. Even if he charges me 2 to 5 bucks for it, I'm still ahead, and I get it today. Otherwise I end up cobbling together an order with other stuff (that I probably don't really need), to make the shipping worthwhile.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

So how important is the "fast" spec of this diode? While traveling in California I found a 1000V 3A diode at Fry's...yes it was an NTE 156 (sorry Enzo)...it had no "speed" rating. Will it work OK in this circuit?
            Last edited by earache; 08-11-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I would use a fast diode in that application.
              The NTE156 is a plain jane diode.

If you are in the market for an NTE, try the NTE525.
              Link: http://www.nteinc.com/specs/500to599/pdf/nte525.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X