Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian musician trying to make mounting ears for DDX3216 mixer

Hi,

I purchased a DDX3216 mixer, but the guy did not have the rack mounting ears. Is there somewhere that I can find a photo of one of the mounting ears to help me find out what screws are the appropriate ones to use for the mounting ears.

If there is someone who can help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks for reading my post

Stash

I'd take the mixer and the rack you are going to use down to the local hardware store to figure out what brackets and screws would work.

Steve A.
    The Blue Guitar
    www.blueguitar.org
    Some recordings:
    https://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets...e-blue-guitar/

Comment

I don't think the DDX 'came' with rack mounts.

Comment

You can find rack mounts online but it will take some drilling & tapping to mount them properly.
        Rack Mount Solution Accessory Kits

Note: whatever you end up with be aware that the fan air slots must not be covered.

Comment

The brochure claims "rack mountable" so it must have already drilled and tapped holes on the sides.

Behringer must have original ears available.

If you donīt find them, probably rack stuff vendors have generic ears.

Anyway Iīd avoid like the pest drilling the mixer itself, you can make a mess, leave metal shavings inside, ugh !!!

"Adapt the hat to the head and not the head to the hat" which means drill the ears instead as necessary.

Note: get a somewhat important hardware store, I guess that mixer will not use USA standard screws/bolts but Metric/JIS/DIN/ISO/whatever is "International" these days.

Not what a mom and pop or Home Depot store will carry.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

They are no longer available from Behringer. If you look hard enough you may find someone who has them and will sell them. But they should not be hard to make.
            The threaded holes will already be there on the mixer sides so no drilling will be required.
            The most important thing with the screws is the length. With the unit unplugged, stick a plastic or wooden rod in the holes to see if there are any circuit boards close enough to be touched by screws that are too long.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	rackmount.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	835100Click image for larger version

Name:	rackears.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	835101
            Last edited by g1; 08-24-2014, 04:03 PM. Reason: add pictures
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
            X