Adams Winding Technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adams Winding Technologies

Has anyone tried these winders? I am launching a guitar company in a year or two, that is very forward thinking, and I decided that I really need to make my own pickups to get what I want. And it seems fun! The Mojotone winder looks great with the programmable feature, and I think the CNC winders are also amazing, but at this time I just want something I can learn on and make enough pickups for my own guitars. These Adams winders look seemingly good for the price. I would probably go for the A5 model, I don't think I would really care about the footswitch, and I can add the white MDF on the back for much cheaper. Does this look like the best option for me?

Heres the link

Ordering

Are you selling them?
    First Thread, and you're leading us to a new product?
    Looks Suspicious!
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
      Are you selling them?
      First Thread, and you're leading us to a new product?
      Looks Suspicious!

No, I am not selling them. Why would I ask for peoples opinion on them, or say that I liked the Mojotone one if I was selling them? If that were the case, I would be the worst salesman ever! It's actually not my first post either. Well sort of. I am user Hella1Hella. I could not remember my password, and when I tried retrieving it I could not answer the question "what famous amp brand is Leo Fender known for?" I tried Fender, fender, Musicman, musicman, Music Man, music man, and none of them would work, so I just created a new username.

Just asking for advice, I am not trying to get you to buy anything.

Comment

OK, that checks out!
        Keep in mind, we get tons of spam and ad trickery!
        So on the winders, I just bought the mojo winder this year, and I really like it.
        It has the count down feature that really makes it easy.
        You program the turns, wind, and it kicks off when you get to the end.
        It also is a planatary gear type, with no rubber bands to replace.
        Another great feature is the built in gauss meter.
        Here's a thread with some info on it.
        http://music-electronics-forum.com/t35617/
        GL,
        Terry
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Welcome to the forum Clockwork. I see Terry's welcome wagon got there first. You might want to fill out some of your profile if you choose to stick around. It's often helpful to the rest of us to know where you are located when we try to help out.

Someone else posted recently about those Adam's winders http://music-electronics-forum.com/t34921/ and a couple of us were dubious about the name because it might be confused with the legendary Adams Maxwell winders with which it shares 0% lineage. If you are needing to wind more than a few pickups a month you'd be better off with a CNC winder or with one that at the very least has a preset counter with auto shutoff. My sense is that Adam's toy winders won't be around in a year because the market is way too small and his marketing would appear to suck.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like they've been around since 2011. I would LOVE to have a cnc winder, but from what i have seen they run about $1000. Not somewhere I need to put my cash right now. Plus I think it may appeal more to do some scatter winding, as apposed to uniform CNC winds. i will probably be doing 3 sets a month at the very most, and if it becomes anymore then I would be able to get a CNC winder no sweat. I may keep looking into the Mojotone. Any others you guys recommend? I saw alot of Homebrew ones on here. Also, does anyone know if the password reset thing is broken? Because I do not know of any other amp that Leo Fender was famous for!!!! I would like my old profile back :{

Comment

On the password reset, try sending a pm to tboy, he's our admin, and send one to Steve A.
              Steve is our super Moderator, one of them should be able to reset it.
              GL,
              T
              Terry

Comment

Your password isn't Princeton or vibrolux?

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork View Post
                  Has anyone tried these winders? I am launching a guitar company in a year or two, that is very forward thinking, and I decided that I really need to make my own pickups to get what I want. And it seems fun! The Mojotone winder looks great with the programmable feature, and I think the CNC winders are also amazing, but at this time I just want something I can learn on and make enough pickups for my own guitars. These Adams winders look seemingly good for the price. I would probably go for the A5 model, I don't think I would really care about the footswitch, and I can add the white MDF on the back for much cheaper. Does this look like the best option for me?

Heres the link

Ordering

They look just like the older Schatten winders. Hopfully they are built better.
                  It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
                  www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
                  X