Coron B-15 guitar amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coron B-15 guitar amp

Does anybody know anything about this amp?? Just foud one in a garage sale and i can't find anything at all about it on the internet! All i know about Coron is that there is a couple of distortion pedals for sale on Ebay for a fairly high price! Please come back somebody

Very rare brand of amp from a large secondary Japanese manufacturer. Coron (from what I've found thus far) seems to be their primary brand for "in-house" stuff...but they'd rebrand/relabel things at the drop of a dime for whoever ordered enough. Think of them as a smaller scale Maxon.

Their pedals seem mostly based on other fore-runners of the time (Boss, Ibanez/Maxon, MXR), and are typically made with good quality components. I'd expect much the same for their amps. Probably based on a major maker at the time, and using decent mat's. How's it sound?
    Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

It's sounds pretty good for what i can tell, sounded a little like Jack White's guitar when i tried it! do you have any idea about what year it was made and what it could be worth? it has serial number 000028. I paid 20$ for it in a garage sale!

Comment

B-15... Is it anything like an Ampeg? Got any pictures?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	835181

Comment

Ah, so it's a Marshall Minor! Is that a 10" in that or a 12"? Either way, kinda cool for what it is!

Justin
            "Wow it's red! That doesn't look like the standard Marshall red. It's more like hooker lipstick/clown nose/poodle pecker red." - Chuck H. -
            "Of course that means playing **LOUD** , best but useless solution to modern sissy snowflake players." - J.M. Fahey -
            "All I ever managed to do with that amp was... kill small rodents within a 50 yard radius of my practice building." - Tone Meister -

Comment

Actualy the speaker is 6.5 inches wide

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuzz View Post
                It's sounds pretty good for what i can tell, sounded a little like Jack White's guitar when i tried it! do you have any idea about what year it was made and what it could be worth? it has serial number 000028. I paid 20$ for it in a garage sale!
                Well, unfortunately, they aren't worth 'anything' to speak of. At least not in a practice amp. I know that I've seen other similar Japanese brands (Guyatone) who made tube amp 'replicas' of Fenders go for a fair amount though. But I think the obvious distinction is that they were tube.

You could possibly date by the usual methods though...
                - Look for date codes on the pots (probably not likely on Japanese, much less on a practice amp)
                - Look at the capacitors (sometimes they'll include a date code on the plastic wrap)
                - Look for date codes on the ic's

My hunch is, it's probably early-mid 80's. No need to run out and insure it, nor think of putting it on ebay in hopes of making a mint lol, but regardless of 'monetary value', I'd say you got a nice little score for $20 if you like the sound!
                If not, you can at least get your money back out of it, and perhaps even make $10-20 bucks!
                Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the informations!

Comment

Working...
                  X