Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have issue breathing the fumes of soldering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave H View Post
    Too true that, It's not much fun playing by yourself in the bedroom It's much better playing in a band but my band broke up six years ago. I hardly ever play music. The guitar is just a signal generator for testing amps these days. The drummer and I keep saying we should get a new band going but I've turned procrastination into an art form (so my wife says) and I can't face dealing with musicians. They are all flakes. There are only two types of musicians - those who have let you down and those who will let you down

"Capo tunnel syndrome" Is that unique to guitarists?
    This is so true, it's the personality issue that I can't deal with anymore. I have been with so many bands throughout the years, always conflict. My last two band both broke up after months of 5 day practice a week in 1979. I just had enough, together with my interest totally shifted to electronics that time. I just decided to pack the guitar in the case and walked away. That was the best decision I made.

I just use my playing ( whatever that's left) to test amps only.

I don't think playing guitar will cause capo tunnel. I got that from years of practicing iron palm that I slapped the ball bearing bags 3 times a week for 10 minutes each!!!!. Don't trust Chinese kung fu. That years of iron palm practice help NOTHING. Don't trust the movies!!!

Comment

I feel extremely lucky that I'm able to keep a couple of guys interested in a 'hobby' band that's kept me going since giving up gigging in pubs a decade or so ago.
      They seem happy to indulge me (musically, at least) and keep turning up once a week to play whatever we (ok, I) fancy a go at!
      And it's great for ensuring that circuit ideas can cut it in a band scenario.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

There are only two types of musicians - those who have let you down and those who will let you down
        I thought it was "Those who completely bastardize your musical ideas, and those who don't have a clue in hell what you're talking about in the first place." *chuckles*

"Capo tunnel syndrome" Is that unique to guitarists?
        TFF.
        Start simple...then go deep!

"EL84's are the bitches of guitar amp design." Chuck H

"How could they know back in 1980-whatever that there'd come a time when it was easier to find the wreck of the Titanic than find another SAD1024?" -Mark Hammer

Comment

Working...
        X