Behringer Truth B2031A Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer Truth B2031A Calibration

I just upgraded my B2031's with new B2031A amps. I know Behringer calibrates their studio monitors for linear response.
    Does anyone have the calibration procedure for this. There are 3 potentiometers that are accessible thru the amp vents.
    One pot is for LF level, another is for HF level and a third I don't know what it does.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

As far as i can tell, the third control looks like a sort of presence control, I'd mark or otherwise note its setting, and play music through the system and listen while you adjust it. See what it does that way.

As to calibrating it, other than by ear, this is just a biamped speaker. I would expect to use an RTA and a noise signal to balance it.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

A little speaker tuning RTA food for thought: Room tuning(analysis) with RTA and Pink noise

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies.
        I was thinking that an RTA was the way I'd have to go but was wondering if Behringer had a procedure.
        They most likely do it this way.
        As it turns out I have access to a digital console with RTA built in and a Behringer ECM8000 Ultra-linear Measurement mic which I'm told by an audio engineer is good for this application.
        I assume I should use White noise as the source and make the response flat.

Comment

Working...
        X