The Gibson Custom Bucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Gibson Custom Bucker

In their newer customs, is it just one of their other winds with an a3 magnet?
    I've seen them range around 8k with of course the a3 mags, anyone else know any other thing I'm missing?

Hi Tim:
    I thought someone else would shed some light on this one.
    Not seeing the pickup, I would presume the pickup to be similar to the other gibson vintage pickups but only with an A3 magnet.
    A3 is a bit weaker than A2, so I would think you would get a milder sounding pickup.
    Probably great Highs and Weaker Lows than A2, and A5.
    It might just be my A3 magnets, but I always thought the A2s sounded better in a humbucker than the A3s, and hard to beat in a vintage wind.
    If anyone else has experience with A3s in a 8k humbucker like the gibson custom bucker, please jump in.
    T
    Last edited by big_teee; 09-10-2014, 12:37 PM.
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

The custom buckers use the same Gibson parts with the exception of A3 mags, but also have a much lower TPL then any of the other Gibson pickups. They are still auto traverse wound as the others are.
      Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
        The custom buckers use the same Gibson parts with the exception of A3 mags, but also have a much lower TPL then any of the other Gibson pickups. They are still auto traverse wound as the others are.
        THanks Bill
        low as in under 50 tpl?

Comment

Originally posted by buddha0709 View Post
          THanks Bill
          low as in under 50 tpl?
          Yes Bill Inquiring minds want to know ?
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I've seen 30 tpl and under.
            Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

According to the coil estimator?
              Loose Scatter is 55, and 100% perfect is around 90 tpl.
              30 is really low.
              Is that both neck and bridge pickups, or is below 50 just for the bridge?
              Thanks Bill.
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

The standard custom buckers are the same for bridge or neck and are not designated pickups as they are approx. the same ohms. The ones that I have been through were certain coils from different pickups that needed repair/rewinding. It appears about 10 tpl for the slugs and approx. 30 tpl for the screws.
                Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Wow!!! Didn't see that coming .Thanks Bill
                  Your not tugging our chain are you ?

Comment

I figured low tpl would of been in the 1950's p-90's range .

Comment

I would not even reply to this thread if my intentions were to tug on your chain. This true actual rewinds of the custom buckers. No secrets
                      Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

It seems like scatter'd buckers are becoming more popular.

I also read they use mismatched coils, have you seen the same Bill?

Comment

Originally posted by buddha0709 View Post
                          It seems like scatter'd buckers are becoming more popular.

I also read they use mismatched coils, have you seen the same Bill?
                          About 300 turns mismatch between coils with the screw being hotter.
                          Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Working...
                          X