Phonic 740 Powerpod Plus 2X220 Eats fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaffeekid View Post
    And the schematics that Moswell hooked me up with don't match what is silk screened on the boards as far as components, nor does the header connectors on the board. Where the schematic shows a 6 pin connector, mine has only 4, as in the physical plug. So I think mine an earlier or possibly later version of the 740 plus.

Anyhoo, just waiting now for Mouser to send the components. Also am replacing the power regulators, 7805, 7812, 7915 and 7815, they are cheep and fun to take out and replace.

Hey keep those suggestions coming and I'll let you know if I get this thing working or throw it in the junk pile
    Jim
    Any progress, yet?

I'm interested because a friend has just given me his Powerpod 740 to fix. It's clearly a very early version. It NOT marked "Plus" or "Deluxe". It has a whopping transformer.

On the PSU/Audio board attached to the huge heatsink, two fuses F2, F3 are open-circuit. PCB label states T2A.

I have not yet found a schematic for this early version PSU so troubleshooting will be a nightmare.
    Last edited by Kefali; 10-15-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X