Melody Maker pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    I may have found the camera problem, apparently the battery is low. It will not preform some of the functions with a low battery. One of the malfunctions it had was the lens zoomed out and wouldn't zoom back in. It took quite a bit of time to chase down a toll free number. A technician told me the battery has to be fully,fully,fully, charged or it would not function properly. Add to that it seems to just eat batteries. One of the suggestions as I was reading the manual today was to remove the batteries when not in use. If I decide to purchase another camera it is going to be much simpler.
    Here is the information (Polaroid-i733-7.0-Megapixel Digital Camera). I have the 104 page users guide. It has the flower symbol for Macro Mode , it is just that when it is pushed nothing happens. I used that function on the camera when I posted the first picture of the bobbin.

Comment

Originally posted by SpareRibs View Post
      A technician told me the battery has to be fully,fully,fully, charged or it would not function properly. Add to that it seems to just eat batteries. One of the suggestions as I was reading the manual today was to remove the batteries when not in use.
      Sorry I'm too lazy to look up your users manual, but... do you have a battery charger or camera dock?
      I've got a hand-me-down Kodak that reputedly ate batteries.
      I just keep it plugged in all the time, and the batteries haven't failed in years.
      DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Hello,
        Had a pretty full day chasing down a muffler for a Toyota. No one has anything in stock anymore. So it was a challenge to find one in stock, as opposed to waiting who knows how long for it to be ordered. I didn't want to chance a run in with the Police, I would imagine a ticket for excessive noise would be at least a couple hundred bucks.
        I found the Macro setting by accident, it was a setting for photographing print. The flower on the button does nothing. Any way on to the next dilemma.
        I picked up some small brass tubing today. I am going to put a piece on each end of the blade, it will give me a way to mount it and have height adjustment. I will use 6/32 screws with T nuts secured to the bottom of the cavity, 2 springs large enough for the screws and T nuts to be inside. thereby having height adjustment similar to a soap bar P90. It took a long time to come up with a solution as the P90 has space between the pole pieces. I had the flat work all cut for the bridge, but now I will have to make a new top and put some holes in the bottom. I may have pictures of that assembly tomorrow.

Comment

Hello,
          Here is a little more progress.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
            Here is a little more progress. I am having a problem with a new spool of wire. As it unrolls it wants to tangle between the container I have it in and the winder. I will have to devise a way to put a small amount of tension between it and the winder.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SpareRibs View Post
              Hello,
              Here is a little more progress. I am having a problem with a new spool of wire. As it unrolls it wants to tangle between the container I have it in and the winder. I will have to devise a way to put a small amount of tension between it and the winder.
              There are different ways to spool off the wire.
              Most guys do it vertically from the floor.
              When I first started, I mounted a bracket to a small rolling table.
              I have the wre spool off the spool horizontally, from behind me a little to one side, about 4 feet from the winder.
              I like it, becaus when the wire is slack it doesn't fall down the spool.
              This is a simplified picture of how I do it.
              http://www.jpbourgeois.org/guitar/st..._wirespool.gif
              If others have suggestions of simple wire spooling, please jump in!
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Hello,
                I have installed a crude tensioner about 6" above the spool to keep the wire from unwinding excessively and falling back on itself. On the other spool which was smaller, I put it inside of a coffee can, unwound it through a hole in the top with felt on both sides. That created enough friction to stop it from unwinding and causing problems. The problem with this spool is that it is 6" in diameter and therefore will not fit in a coffee can.
                I'm getting there a little at a time.

Comment

Hello,
                  I posted on the wire spool thread. I will post the same information here. I finally got the 10,000 winds on the bridge pickup without breaking the wore. I will post pictures as soon as it is wrapped with the string. Also pictures of the progress of routing the body to install pickups.

Comment

Working...
                  X