How does The multi Quote function work on this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does The multi Quote function work on this forum

Many a times I would like to answer questions, and would like to multi quote each question by a forum member in my reply. Please help me do this.

Originally posted by diydidi View Post
    Many a times I would like to answer questions, and would like to multi quote each question by a forum member in my reply. Please help me do this.
    Have you tried it? It's very simple; if you have more than one post, you can click "Multi-Quote" button below each of the messages. Then, when you click the "Reply to Thread" button, two (or more) posts will be quoted in the Reply window. Then you may answer to each of the posts just below the post. Your post will contain each of the posts and every answer you typed in. Just try it.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
      Have you tried it? It's very simple; if you have more than one post, you can click "Multi-Quote" button below each of the messages. Then, when you click the "Reply to Thread" button, two (or more) posts will be quoted in the Reply window. Then you may answer to each of the posts just below the post. Your post will contain each of the posts and every answer you typed in. Just try it.

Mark
      Hm, I'm not seeing it but then I'm on an old '99 Toshiba running Windows98 and dialup besides. For those who have access to this feature, wow, way cool! I'll have to modernize some day. Tough thing to do considering almost all my gear is full of vacuum tubes.
      This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
        Hm, I'm not seeing it but then I'm on an old '99 Toshiba running Windows98 and dialup besides. For those who have access to this feature, wow, way cool! I'll have to modernize some day. Tough thing to do considering almost all my gear is full of vacuum tubes.
        The Multi-Quote button is right below the like button.
        You can buy some pretty good laptops now for between $225-$350.
        I bought 2 since X-mas, and gave my grandkids all the old junk I had.
        I deleted the windows 8.1 and installed Ubuntu based Linux on them.
        They are fast and secure.
        T
        **Dial-up, What is that?
        "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by MarkusBass View Post
          Have you tried it? It's very simple....
          Wow, cool.
          That feature has had me scratching my head for a long time.
          As they say, "It's easy when you know how."

Thanks for the explanation.

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
          Hm, I'm not seeing it but then I'm on an old '99 Toshiba running Windows98 and dialup besides...
          Are you sure it's not there?
          The multi-quote button should be to the right of the "Reply With Quote" button.
          Its icon looks something like this: “+

Originally posted by rjb View Post
          Wow, cool.
          Yea, my very first multi-post!
          What a great day!
          Last edited by rjb; 09-21-2014, 07:24 PM.
          DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Comment

Beyond what has already been explained here, I'm wondering if you also want to break up single posts that have multiple questions.
            When you use the multi-quote button, you will see the quote in your reply. It starts with the quote header in square brackets, and it ends with the word quote with a slash in square brackets. Those are the 2 parts that must be exact.
            You can delete parts of the quote:
            Many a times I would like to answer questions
            as long as you leave the start and end parts that have the square brackets.
            You can copy and paste the beginning and end parts to get multiple quotes from the same post.

Here's one that won't work: Please help me do this.[/QUOTE]
            It's missing the front part. If I copy and past the front part and add it in, I get:
            Please help me do this.
            Hope that helps, sorry about the poor explanation.
            Last edited by g1; 09-21-2014, 06:54 PM. Reason: sp
            Originally posted by Enzo
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
              **Dial-up, What is that?
              What is Windows98 ?

Comment

The Multi-Quote button is right below the like button.
                You can buy some pretty good laptops now for between $225-$350.
                I bought 2 since X-mas, and gave my grandkids all the old junk I had.
                I deleted the windows 8.1 and installed Ubuntu based Linux on them.
                They are fast and secure.
                T
                **Dial-up, What is that?
                Thanks Terry. Must be my hoss & buggy computer & OS & commo system. With help from other MEFsters I found the hidden link to flag posts sometime last year, but rarely have to use it thank goodness. But scrolling my accursed cursor all around, no hidden link to multi quote function.

No $$$ to buy computers but I was given a somewhat newer one a while back, I'll have to fire it up & see what improvements may be found.

Dial-up: an ancient form of communication lost to most, somewhere between smoke signals and cuneiform tablets. Best used on a telephone connected to the network with a copper wire, another item that's going the way of the dodo.

Amazing how much I get done in spite of not keeping up with bleeding-edge technology. If the Amish would have me I might join 'em. Who's gonna be able to carry on if everything else has gone to blazes? I respect them a lot.

How about a nice song with a 5/4 time signature, kinda describes my situation. Jethro Tull : Living In The Past.

I've spent my life so far playing catch-up. Seems to be a trend. To be continued. Thanks everyone for your help and patience.

- - - - - - - -

edit: I FOUND IT! hidden link just to the right of "reply with quote". Wooooo-hoooooo! Thanks again everybody!

Comment

Leo:
                  I can look outside now and then, just in case you need to send me a PM by Smoke Signal!
                  T
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

Leo:
                    I can look outside now and then, just in case you need to send me a PM by Smoke Signal!
                    T
                    OK Terry, just keep your scope on the northeast quadrant. If I get something to smoke I'll send a message.

Sure beats those cuneiform clay tablets. The postage is killer! put empty-pocket smiley thing here.

Comment

Working...
                    X