trouble uploading my 3, 125kb pictures to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble uploading my 3, 125kb pictures to this forum

I've done this a hundred times in other forums but when I choose my 3, 125kb jpegs to upload and hit 'go' the timer spins and spins but never uploads my pics. Help?

Give it more time.

Or convert it to a pdf file.

Comment

I'll try more time

Comment

I am able to post photos with no issues and they appear just as fast as a text post. Can you explain the steps you are following?

Comment

I click the attachment icon next to the smiley face and it takes me to a upload manager. I click add files ( 3 max?) my files are only 120kb per photo, I click the upload and wait but no photos get uploaded so I may drag them to enter into my thread

Comment

Originally posted by fastback4 View Post
            I click the attachment icon next to the smiley face and it takes me to a upload manager. I click add files...
            That process seems correct so far.

...( 3 max?) my files are only 120kb per photo...
            I upload files into the upload manager one at a time. I have not encountered an issue with the max number of files I can upload nor with any reasonable file size restriction. Therefore, I’m not sure what you mean by “3 max.” If you are clicking on files in your computer directory and trying to drag them directly into the file manager or transfer them with the upload button after selecting them in your local file directory then I would not expect that to work. Read on...

...I click the upload and wait but no photos get uploaded so I may drag them to enter into my thread
            I think there is a step missing as follows. When the File upload manager loads, click the “Browse” button first. That will open a window from which you can browns your local disk. Then just browse to the file you want to upload and select it. The “No files selected message” will change to the name of the file you selected. THEN click the upload button. If you want to add another file then repeat the process. I have never found a way to select multiple files and upload them all at once. Finally click the “Done” button found in the bottom right corner of the upload manager.

There may be some other slight differences than what I described but I think the above will get you there. Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,
            Tom

Comment

I went to my desktop puter and everything works as it should. I need to x-file my laptop as it is 15 years old and tries to run win.7 64 bit. but not successfully.
              Thanks for the guidance here now I can post a problem with pictures.

Comment

Glad it's working for you.

One addition tip is to resist the urge to post the same thing simultaneously in two different threads as you did when you started this topic. If you initially put something in the wrong forum you will have about 24 hours to delete your post. Maybe there is still time still do that with your duplicate post.

Comment

I went to my desktop puter and everything works as it should. I need to x-file my laptop as it is 15 years old and tries to run win.7 64 bit. but not successfully.
                  You can buy new laptops in the $300 range these days.
                  May be time to upgrade!
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

was not certain one post would be read so I did another topic

Comment

was not certain one post would be read so I did another topic
                      They will eventually be read and, if not, you can add a request to the same thread. Maybe with additional information.
                      Two separate posts will get you fragmented attention at best and less attention at worst if people get upset with the shotgunning approach. Patience is your friend in this case since all responses are on a volunteer bases. Another advantage to keeping everything in one thread is that the resulting discussion becomes a nice archive for people to reference later.

Wow! I'm surprised that a 15 year old laptop running 64 bit Win 7 works at all.

Welcome to MEF. Let's see those photos.

Cheers,
                      Tom

Comment

I agree Tom....lol

Comment

Working...
                        X