Business and Product Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business and Product Name

This is my first post in here guys..Good day from Jakarta, Indonesia.

Well Just curious for you guys who do pickups for living, my questions : How do you pick business names and how do you name your product ?

Cheers
    Imam

In my case, I don't like flashy marketing. I looked at the starting point of my 'Empire' and decided to call the business Shed Pickups. But if anyone presses me I tell them it's S.H.E.D Pickups which stands for Sonic Harmonic Electronic Design.

It's all a pile of crap really. Look at Seymour Duncan for example. No real marketing stratedgy there and bearing in mind Seymour is quite an unusual name, it still trips off the tongue like second nature.
    sigpic Dyed in the wool

Comment

Mine is SGD Lutherie... SGD is an acronym for Schwab/Gagliano Designs.

We build guitars and basses mostly. I got into the pickups because I didn't like a lot of what was out there for bass.

I don't have names for my pickups...
      Last edited by David Schwab; 08-10-2007, 05:25 AM.
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Duncan.....

You know I wrote Seymour one time, told him how I had put EMG on the map with my art direction and ad design work over 12 years, and pointed out to him that his ads are dated, don't speak to their target market audience at all, his response was to put me in touch with their in house guy who has been there probably since Seymour started. Therein lies the problem, entrenched old fart who hasn't kept up with the times, their ads are formula 70-80s stock ad agency crap that doesn't speak at all to kids blowing out windows with shred metal. (I was trying to land them as an account). DiMarzio does alot better there, they stay current with trends. I don't make my living doing pickups, maybe someday, don't really have the cash to market myself properly, my target audience is mostly blues guys so I use blues oriented names.
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

Working...
        X