No announcement yet.

Still no break-up. 2x 5F1's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually test by: let it get up to speed/ take reading/ leave a fews secs then off again: I cant see it getting too hot in this time so I'll go with my 7w porker.

Ok what the dickens am I doing again? checking the inputs was it?

Comment

8" 30w basic ceramic 4ohm spkr in, and that buzzy crappy low vol (low strings) distortion gone.

Comment

And what of the 'no breakup' quandry?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
          8" 30w basic ceramic 4ohm spkr in, and that buzzy crappy low vol (low strings) distortion gone.
          Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
          Refresh my memory, what's the tube complement? 12AX7 in the first position or something else? 6V6 as the power tube or is it a 6L6?

edit: I just scanned the thread, and there seems to be no mention of swapping out any of the tubes. Is this true? Do you have another 12AX7 to try? Maybe you simply have a tired, old tube there.
          Last edited by eschertron; 10-08-2014, 02:36 PM.
          If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
          If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
          We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
          MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Hi JazzP-

Im just ready now for more tests this ev: as at the mo (even with proper gtr spkr in) still same no/ v minimal break up. It sounds fine tho (& quite enjoy it albeit clean-as-clean) but the quandry reamins & I would -so- like to get an answer to it.

Thanks, SC

Comment

Originally posted by eschertron View Post
              Refresh my memory, what's the tube complement? 12AX7 in the first position or something else? 6V6 as the power tube or is it a 6L6?

edit: I just scanned the thread, and there seems to be no mention of swapping out any of the tubes. Is this true? Do you have another 12AX7 to try? Maybe you simply have a tired, old tube there.
              12AX7, 6V6. Afaik, from seller they both quite recent buys. I didnt try the 6L6 idea as it would be even more headroom so couldnt see the idea. I do have a 6L6 amp/ has 2 in there/ the Blue Voodoo 50 (with odd noise still pervading to a degree, so dont use much).

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                12AX7, 6V6. Afaik, from seller they both quite recent buys. I didnt try the 6L6 idea as it would be even more headroom so couldnt see the idea. I do have a 6L6 amp/ has 2 in there/ the Blue Voodoo 50 (with odd noise still pervading to a degree, so dont use much).
                The only reason I suggested the 6L6 was that with the B+ you published (394vdc!), the 6V6 is overdissipating. But that's another issue entirely.
                MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Is anyone else having trouble loading page 3 of this thread?
                  Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

Nope.

But then, again this Is page 3.

Make sure that you are viewing the posts in 'Linear Mode'.
                    Last edited by Jazz P Bass; 10-08-2014, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Huh? my browser show this as page 4? Yours was the 99th post. But then, I can't look back to where I posted about the cathode resistor needing to be changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitician View Post
                        Huh? my browser show this as page 4? Yours was the 99th post. But then, I can't look back to where I posted about the cathode resistor needing to be changed.
                        Under Settings > My Settings > My Account > General Settings > there is an option to set the number of posts per page. The default is 35. Be sure to click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Settings is at the top of the page next to Log Out and the rest are on the left side of that page as you scrool down.
                        Last edited by loudthud; 10-08-2014, 05:17 PM.
                        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
                        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

• Thanks loudthud, I now I have it set to 63 per. Only two pages now

But, I still should have been able to see the pages of the thread, which I couldn't, must be a forum glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
                            Hi JazzP-

Im just ready now for more tests this ev: as at the mo (even with proper gtr spkr in) still same no/ v minimal break up. It sounds fine tho (& quite enjoy it albeit clean-as-clean) but the quandry reamins & I would -so- like to get an answer to it.

Thanks, SC
                            If it were in front of me, I'd have it screaming in 5 minutes!

Comment

• Ah, so, Grasshopper, now you see the challenge of all this. it is not in front of us, yet we still must fix it. Ninja repair.
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitician View Post
                                If it were in front of me, I'd have it screaming in 5 minutes!
                                Mine begs for mercy every time I play through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X