Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Wire Corp. Sandy Hook, Conn. Brown Plain Enamel wire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electricdaveyboy View Post
    A bit suprised about no body jumpin in on that offer.
    I will contact awc if they would like to go that road.
    Thank you David.

Hello Folks!
    I asked Teresa if she could send an order to an us adress.
    Here is the answer:

Hi David,

We can ship within the USA. Our price is $24.87/lb Base and $3.78/lb Copper for a total of $28.65/lb. Our MOQ is 20 lbs.

We don't have any in stock right now and we have several orders already on the books for the next batch that we are going to run. I will need to check if there will be any available after those existing orders are completed.

Comment

You would think that they could pull a few extra pounds if they have orders all lined up. I checked some spools last night and they are all 6" in diameter x 4.5" tall and each can easily hold 12lb. I know some places ship on 5" dia spools. Can anyone measure their spools from AWC so we know what to expect? Having them ship two 10 Lb spools would be better in terms of safer packing. Three spools would be OK as well. If the total package weight goes over 20LBs I'll have to respool some of the wire to get under the 20lb total package weight and I'm not equipped to do that. I'd be fine with buying some of the wire, up to 5lbs, just have it around for vintage rewinds etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
        You would think that they could pull a few extra pounds if they have orders all lined up. I checked some spools last night and they are all 6" in diameter x 4.5" tall and each can easily hold 12lb. I know some places ship on 5" dia spools. Can anyone measure their spools from AWC so we know what to expect? Having them ship two 10 Lb spools would be better in terms of safer packing. Three spools would be OK as well. If the total package weight goes over 20LBs I'll have to respool some of the wire to get under the 20lb total package weight and I'm not equipped to do that. I'd be fine with buying some of the wire, up to 5lbs, just have it around for vintage rewinds etc.

I always had 5 Pound spools from AWC same White spools as the MWS .
        Got four spools today in one box.

Comment

I would buy 3, maybe 4 pounds if you all do a group buy.

Comment

I'd nab a 5lb spool as well if shipping to Canada is an option
            Sigil Pickups ~ Stunt Monkey Pedals

Comment

As I said I can't respool so they'd need to have smaller weight spools available for us which might be more trouble than they are willing to go to. Easy enough to check. Canada isn't a problem but it is expensive.

The next question is whether they have any wire still for sale from this upcoming batch? Do they need money down to reserve the 30 lbs or so that we want?

Comment

Just in from Teresa.

Hi Terry,
                I just spoke to my boss and he said the 42 PE is running right now. He said he needs to know what type of quantity your group wants to purchase. Yes. The wire is on 5 lb spools.
                I will also need to know who will be paying for the group order.
                Thank you,
                Teresa

David K, You may want to email Teresa?
                Teresa@americanalloy.net
                Last edited by big_teee; 10-14-2014, 06:43 PM.
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Done, I put in a tentative order for 35lb, asked how to pay and will let you all know what I hear back. Seems like we'll be out around $900 or so depending on what shipping adds.

4 spools to David B

1 spool to Jim Shine (Jim I assume you can swing 5 lb?)

1 spool to Cheopsis V

1 spool for me.
                  I can add another spool or two for good measure and toss them up on ebay if there are no takers but I rather play it safe.

Comment

Done, I put in a tentative order for 35lb, asked how to pay and will let you all know what I hear back. Seems like we'll be out around $900 or so depending on what shipping adds.

4 spools to David B

1 spool to Cheopsis V

1 spool for me.
                    I can add another spool or two for good measure and toss them up on ebay if there are no takers but I rather play it safe.
                    Thanks David King for all your efforts!
                    Terry
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Yes.

Comment

4 spools to David B

1 spool to Cheopsis V

1 spool for me.
                        Room for another 5 lb. spool to Canada David?
                        Take Care,

Jim. . .
                        VA3DEF

Comment

Oh man, I just looked at flea bay and 42 PE is going for $88perlb in 4oz spools. If I could get small plastic spools, I may try and flip some...
                          But then winding PU's could prove profitable too...
                          Now Trending: China has found a way to turn stupidity into money!

Comment

I got this back from Teresa this morning:
                            "As soon as my boss gives me the weights of each spool coming off the machine I will be able to send you the total cost.

Payment made by check is fine. I will have to receive and deposit the check before I will be able to ship. This is only necessary because this will be your first order with us.

I will let you know as soon as finished spools are coming off the machine to be weighed and packed."
                            They ship UPS collect. I don't get any discount with UPS which is too bad but I'll have it shipped through my account so it won't be a COD situation.
                            Last edited by David King; 10-15-2014, 09:00 PM. Reason: Added quoting for clarity

Comment

Kayakerca, I'll add an extra 5 lb right now.

Comment

Kayakerca, I'll add an extra 5 lb right now.
                                Thanks David.
                                Take Care,

Jim. . .
                                VA3DEF
                                ____________________________________________________
                                In the immortal words of Dr. Johnny Fever, “When everyone is out to get you, paranoid is just good thinking.”

Comment

Working...
                                X