Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Wire Corp. Sandy Hook, Conn. Brown Plain Enamel wire ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If its not too late I would like to try a 5 LB spool. Also If you like I can pickup the wire in Conn. as Sandy Hook is about 2 hours away from me and that would save shipping the order. Then I guess I would have to ship the spools out to everyone which is not a problem.
    Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Bill that works for me but don't hesitate to have UPS bring it to you. They'll charge a fraction of what they would have shipping to Oregon ($70 for 40lbs).
      I'll round it off to 50Lb so we'll have one extra spool for the last latecomer. That will also speed things up for the Europe and eastern provinces orders. You're a Prince!

Comment

Just let us know when and where to send payment. I check in here often but best bet is by email to Contact<at>SigilPickups.com or bowesdigital<at>gmail.com
        Sigil Pickups ~ Stunt Monkey Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
          Bill that works for me but don't hesitate to have UPS bring it to you. They'll charge a fraction of what they would have shipping to Oregon ($70 for 40lbs).
          I'll round it off to 50Lb so we'll have one extra spool for the last latecomer. That will also speed things up for the Europe and eastern provinces orders. You're a Prince!
          I'll see what shipping is to be, but I have to go to eastern NY state in about a week anyway and Sandy Hook is only about 35 minutes from there. Let me know who and where to send the money to.
          Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

I'll be paying by check as soon as the total comes through. Since this is my first order with them, AWC will hold the check until it clears. I'll let everyone know what they owe including postage and you'll be able to send me a check or paypal. Hopefully the check will clear before Bill need to collect the wire. I still haven't gotten a total but I was assured that the price per pound would be $28.65/Lb.
            Postage on a 5LB spool to Canada will cost on the order of $36.43 via Priority Mail international. (It takes about 2 weeks.) I'll send Bill the PDFs for the postage and customs forms.
            Bill should pickup up one of the large 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" flat rate priority mail International boxes for David Barfuss' wire. The 5Lb packages to Canada could go in 6" x 6" x 6" boxes.

Comment

David K., I hope you have a bigger bank account than I do?
              With that order, My Check would Bounce!
              T
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by David King View Post
                I'll be paying by check as soon as the total comes through. Since this is my first order with them, AWC will hold the check until it clears. I'll let everyone know what they owe including postage and you'll be able to send me a check or paypal. Hopefully the check will clear before Bill need to collect the wire. I still haven't gotten a total but I was assured that the price per pound would be $28.65/Lb.
                Postage on a 5LB spool to Canada will cost on the order of $36.43 via Priority Mail international. (It takes about 2 weeks.) I'll send Bill the PDFs for the postage and customs forms.
                Bill should pickup up one of the large 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" flat rate priority mail International boxes for David Barfuss' wire. The 5Lb packages to Canada could go in 6" x 6" x 6" boxes.
                Thanks David. I don't need customs forms as I have a usps account. Don't worry about your check clearing with them before I go to NY as I'm flexible with my time schedule. All you need to do is let me know when they say it can be picked up and I'll go then.
                Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Just an update, I sent in a Purchase Order and am waiting to get the total back. I checked with AWC regarding having Bill pick the wire up at the factory and that is fine with them as well.

Comment

The wire is ready! The ten spools weighed a total of 50.58 lb and the total cost is $1449.12
                    I'll get a break down of the individual spool weights so we can divvy it up equitably. Meanwhile I'm sending out a check for the total today.
                    I'll get in touch with participants regarding payment.

There is still one extra 5 Lb spool if anyone is interested. If not I'll keep it and use it eventually.

Comment

Hi David

I'll take your extra roll. I'm in Austria Vienna or just out side. Let me know how much you want for it including shipping i'll paypal you the payment. And let you have my details. I'll pm you shortly.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew,

I figured it wouldn't take long to find a taker for that last spool.

I'll have all the individual spool weights, tare weight and spool dimensions tomorrow with any luck.
                        At that point I'll start assigning spools to various participants. As mentioned above Bill M. has offered to pick the wire up in person and will be the one responsible for shipping it out and assigning postage due.
                        For those of you not familiar with Paypal currency transactions. They charge 3.9% + $.30 but the exchange rate they offer is often better than a bank's rate so it's a reasonable way to go. Who pays this fee is usually the person who initiates the transaction. I will give you a total in USD and you will initiate the transaction. At least that's how it worked last time I used it.

Comment

Hi David

Did you get my pm ? Please let me know if thats ok.

Cheers

Andrew

Comment

So I have heard back that the spools are standard 5" spools. Because the spools are all boxed up AWC was unwilling to open the boxes and give me the individual weights. I'm tempted to go on the assumption that all the spools are very close to 5.058Lb each and just charge everyone $144.92 per spool. If we find that there are large discrepancies between rolls we can rejigger later.

I don't mind waiting until the check clears and Bill has had a chance to pick them up in a week or so but I would like to be paid promptly thereafter.

Comment

Hey David!
                              Haved lurked here for a few days.Got some PE and Formvar from MWS and had been nailed to the Workshop.
                              Let me know wehn you need payment for the AWC Wire ........... Tx David

Comment

I'm ready to pick it up when ever we are ready.
                                Bill Megela

Electric City Pickups

Comment

Working...
                                X