Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom anderson pickup repair

Hello everyone

I recently bought a used tom Anderson h3+, the problem is that the pickup wire was ripped (cut) very short almost after that little silver feet that keeps the black wire attached to the back of the pickup so I want to extend it by soldering a new piece of wire on that old piece...

the problem is that I don't know where the BARE wire should be attached originally on the pickup

I will attach 2 pictures that I found

you see that the wires with colour are soldered on each corner on both pictures, though on the one with the brass backplate the fifth wire (bare) is soldered there...but on the other picture with the black back I cant see where it must go.

(the original pickup wire was starting with 5 wires and ended with 3)
    Attached Files

Welcome to the B/H Forum!
    On picture one the bare shield lead is attached to the metal base plate.
    If no base plate, then I would either solder it to the cable clip in pic 2, or not attach it at all.
    If nowhere to attach it, just attach it to the back of the volume Pot in the control cavity, on one end.
    A sheild doesn't always have to be attached on both ends.
    I hope I understood the question, and hope this helps?
    T
    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
    Terry

Comment

hello and thank you for your answer

Yes you understand my question correct (sorry for the bad english), yes indeed there is no base plate ! and I thought the same to attach it on that silver cable clip, but I just wanted a second opinion
      thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
      X