Presonus ACP-88 compressor schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presonus ACP-88 compressor schematic

We have a Presonus ACP-88 8 channel compressor that has the first channel out. The gate will not open so it's useless. Does anyone have a schematic on this or know what to check on the PCB?

Howdy -

No schematic (sorry), but here is the manual...

Try repeatedly working all the controls/switches on that channel and the one next to it (may have a dirty one), and also repeatedly plug in/out of the 'Gate Sidechain' jack on the back (it may have dirty/oxidized 'normalling' contacts). A little DeOxit (if you have some) squirted into the Gate jack before working it might be in order too.

If the above fails try injecting a signal into the Gate Sidechain jack to see if you can get the gate to open up that way.

Most of my experiences with those have been either dirty controls/switches/jacks or malfunction across all channels with loss of a power supply rail due to a shorted bypass cap somewhere.
    Attached Files

Comment

i used to work there a long time ago, i think they stopped repairing them after the factory move, and the old repair guys are gone. will they shoot you a schem? i still know a few guys there

Comment

Not sure, but I seem to recall having problems with ribbon cables in those things, although I could be thinking of a different model. Anyway, if it has ribbon cables to the I/O section, make sure they're all seated properly and maybe clean the connections on the cable ends.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I have the feeling that the OP is looking for a 'check this point' answer.
          Without a schematic or someone who is very, very familiar with this unit, that's a hard nut to crack.

The good news: if the OP has the chops, there are seven working channels that the failed channel could be compared to.

Comment

Working...
          X