No announcement yet.

Casio AP-25, plays fine for a while then loud click and notes no longer sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casio AP-25, plays fine for a while then loud click and notes no longer sound

Hi All,

We have a Casio Celevino AP-25. When we switch it on it plays fine for a few minutes, or seconds, or sometimes an hour or more, but eventually there is a loud electical click and then the notes no longer sound, either through the headphones or through the speakers.

I am unsure where to start troubleshooting this, or even if it is worth trying to fix as the piano is quite old. I have googled around and not found this issue reported anywhere else. I have downladed the Maintenance manual but this didn't help unfortunately.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum, HM.

As this is a very involved keyboard, it would help to know what your troubleshooting/ repair skill sets are.

The very first item to monitor on the agenda is the power supply. (Page 16)
    Monitor the +5Vdc & the +15Vdc supplies to see if they happen to coincide with the 'no sound' problem.

The idea is to narrow down the issue.

At any rate it will take some moxy to track down the problem.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      The idea is to narrow down the issue.
      When the problem occurs, does the power remain on and do the other functions of the keyboard still appear to be working?

Intermittent problems can be hard to find, but they are not impossible. Have you tried giving the case a good whack with your fist, to see if the problem can be either caused or cured by a physical stimulation?

Comment

Working...
      X