Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JSchem no longer working on Apple's newest OS X (Yosemite)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSchem no longer working on Apple's newest OS X (Yosemite)

FYI

If you have JSchem on your mac and upgrade to the Yosemite OS X operating system, JSchem (0.9.36) will no longer run. (Instead a message comes up saying "You can’t open the application “JSchem” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.")

Dayyum
    Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Hmmm, could it be something to do with Java 7 from Oracle?

Java for OS X 2014-001: How to re-enable the Apple-provided Java SE 6 web plug-in and Web Start features

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

Originally posted by tubeswell View Post
      Apparently nothing to do with Java 7. I installed just the new OS X on another Mac with previous version of Java 67 and the same problem comes up. JSchem won't run. I messaged Bernhard Walter

Comment

So now I'm looking around at other schematic platforms dammit.

Comment

They make some Linux for Mac Platforms.
          Wonder if that would run your program and Java?
          Here's the Ubuntu download page I use often.
          http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/
          GL,
          T
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

Thanks big_teee.

Comment

I just heard back from Bernhard after a short hiatus. He's very generously started working on the problem - hopefully it'll al be back up and working soon in Yosemite

Comment

Yay its working again if you re-download the JSchem version for Macs in the link on the JSchem webpage, and install Legacy Java SE 6 for mac. (see the following link for the Java version) DEV» Blog Archive » How to install legacy Java SE 6 runtime for Mac 10.10

(At least on my Macbook Pro it is working again - altho' I can't access the extensive library of components I had built up in the old version of JSchem. However, JSchem is still hanging up on my mid 2001 iMac desktop, which is running the same OSX10.10.2, I emailed Bernhard again)
                Last edited by tubeswell; 02-13-2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I just upgraded to Yosemite - I tried re-downloading JSchem and Legacy Java as noted, it doesn't seem to be working for me yet. Hope it gets running, I have done everything on that platform for a long time, it's a great tool -

Comment

Originally posted by BarryW View Post
                    I just upgraded to Yosemite - I tried re-downloading JSchem and Legacy Java as noted, it doesn't seem to be working for me yet. Hope it gets running, I have done everything on that platform for a long time, it's a great tool -
                    Yep it runs on my mid-2012 Macbook Pro with Yosemite and Legacy Java, but not on my mid-2011 iMac (which it used to run on before Yosemite)- probably the different CPUs or something

Comment

JSchem has a new website (The JSchem app for Macintosh OSX is new apparently as it has now been bundled with Java runtime, but for the rest, is the same v0.9.36 as it was in 2010 at this time)

JSchem

Comment

Working...
                      X