need part # mackie 406m eq slider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need part # mackie 406m eq slider

Have a mixer with busted EQ faders. 8K and 16K. 50k Audio sliders. Doesn't look like there are any subs for this, at least not the way it mounts.
    More Mackie proprietary builds. called Loud and they said no details to non auth svc centers....

Model 406m.

I have the service manual but there is no parts list.

Thx in adv.

That is an odd assortment of fader values for the EQ.
    I thought that they were all 50K A.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
      That is an odd assortment of fader values for the EQ.
      I thought that they were all 50K A.

8k and 16k are the EQ Positions. Yeah all are 50K Audio slider pots.

I just can't find any at all like them at Mouser or Digikey.

Comment

Well I 'spose it's either take it to your favourite Mackie Service Centre or track the sliding faders down !

Some physical measurements may be helpful..

Futurlec have a few traditional type faders with 60mm, 30mm and 20mm travel - dual and single (stereo & mono).

Sliding Potentiometers

I suspect these will be physically too big !

Here's some info from their site on a 30mm fader.
        Attached Files

Comment

Call Loud Tech back & get the part numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
            Call Loud Tech back & get the part numbers.
            Loud won't give any part no's or details to non auth svc center even for oow products (they said). I called them twice.

I called Full Compass today and they are going to get the fader pots then ship them to us. I'm sure they add a few bucks but oh well.

I really don't like Loud..... it's like calling Bose lol

edit: per FC - Loud said these parts are NLA.

Guess i'll just center it , put a bit of epoxy on the plastic and lock them down.

Thx
            Last edited by guitardad; 10-20-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I have a master parts list from 11 years ago.

On it I found two 50kG sliders (and one 2x50k).

130-005-00 50kG 45mm $11.10

130-075-00 50kG 30mm $3.69

That may or may not help.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thx Enzo,

yeah the part # is correct. Just NLA per mfg. I called a few other local guys I knew in state that said the same thing.

It'd been nicer if they just used more universal parts huh? At least in my experience with most Mackie repairs, I seem to always get the ones that need proprietary parts.

Comment

Um...

Some thoughts.

These are common every day sliders. They come in standard lengths, standard pinouts, etc. But they don't come off the shelf. Go to Alps or Noble,get their catalogs, and you will find a list of features. The whole catalog is aimed at generating a part number, which you then order, and they make. So you wind up choosing the length/travel, mono or stereo, value, taper, lever size/shape/length and so on. They make some generic example to sell at Mouser et al, but for companies like Makcie or Peavey or Soundcraft, the sliders are made to spec.

But within the brands, the footprints tend to be common. Even now, I look at a fader, and I expect to see either the terminals across each end, or across near the ends, or just around the corner from each end - those having pairs of posts near the ends of the sides. Generally I can expect the shuttle on a 30mm fader to be smaller than the one on a 100mm fader.

A trick I use - as do many others - is to take a slider apart and repair it. A common failure is the lever snapping out of the shuttle, the plastic shuttle breaks. I check the resistive part, and if that is OK, instead of looking someplace to order a real specific fader, I can find in my fader drawer any fader with the same size shuttle, and just move the sliding shuttle over.

And when I do have to source new sliders, the first thing I look for is the footprint.

So everyone uses "proprietary" pots, but they all come from the few factories. Alps may make very specific pots for Mackie, but they are from the very standard options in the Alps catalog
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yeah these have actuators on the side of the control and the plastic tab for the control adj is on top side. They cracked so they have to be replaced or as I thought about doing, will just glue the unit secure in position using the old thread and epoxy trick i used to use for plastic knobs with hairline cracks.

I did some looking around at ALPS, ALPHA and other sites and I cannot find anything at all like these. Anymore it's not worth the extra time it takes to research a NLA part. They can still consign this unit as is. What I will do is move a couple sliders from the MON EQ to the Mains and just swap them. Who needs 8 and 16 k boosts in monitors anyway?

Comment

These EQ Faders are no longer offered at Mackie, but we have a few left at our shop.

130-075-00 50kG 30mm For replacement in the EQ Section of Mackie 406M, 808S, 808M, etc. Brand New old stock.

email if interested...

Hank
                      Providence Music Service

Comment

Working...
                      X