Wire spools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Yes there is a speed control. It is a sewing machine motor so it has a foot control. I put a nut and bolt stop through the pedal lever so as not to push the pedal down to far, increasing the speed and breaking the wire.
    I have wound some pickups unsuccessfully as the wire was very loose. So I decided to take time to try and perfect the control over the winder. It seems to be coming along. I know it will take a lot of practice.
    Thank you for all of your input to date. It has not been a wasted effort as I take all of your advice and try to put it into practice.

Comment

Hello,
      I got the 10,000 winds on the Melody Maker bobbin. I installed a rheostat between the foot pedal and the motor, slowing down the motor as it seemed to go to maximum RPM no matter how little the pedal was pressed.
      I think another one of my problems was applying to much tension to the wire. This time I just let it slip through my fingers with just enough tension to guide it.
      OK, now off to solder the lead wires and potting. I will post photos later of the pickup as well as the progress of routing of the body to accept the pickups.
      Thanks for all the great advice.

Comment

Working...
      X