Giving up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    So all you techs out there, please be aware: you cannot just print out one of my cards, you have to use one I have actually held in my hand and waved.
    Well, there you go. You can just start selling autographed "techno-magic" business cards. You'll be rich! Hell, I'd buy one at the right price just to frame and hang on my shop wall. I might even try it on those occasional "dogs".
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      Well, there you go. You can just start selling autographed "techno-magic" business cards. You'll be rich! Hell, I'd buy one at the right price just to frame and hang on my shop wall. I might even try it on those occasional "dogs".
      When my daughter visited the Vatican last year she brought me back some olive oil blessed by the pope. I'm sure Enzo could "bless" some hand tools and solder stations to sell to some struggling wannabes, lol.

Comment

After being coached through some tricky (to me) troubleshooting I'm starting to develop the mindset that "what would Ezno do?"

--Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

I have thought EXACTLY that on more than one occasion. After maybe a dozen scenarios where experience and uber levels of practicality ultimately prevailed, it was Enzo that got me through it. It's a methodology refined by experience. "What would Enzo do" is very often the fastest way to a solution. It may not even be exclusive to amps
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

I'm new around here but I have read many of your posts here and elsewhere Enzo and you've answered many questions I had without a direct reply through your generous teaching on the boards where you post. Thank you, and may your future be bright and prosperous. Speaking of that maybe you should write a book, many would buy it and once done the profit just keeps going. Best of luck to you

Comment

My word, this is like Yoda retiring!

Enzo, you have helped and guided me many times. Not so much with specifically what should be done (although there is no shortage of that), but with your enormous capacity to guide how to think about and approach a problem, and thus capture that atoll. I hope we don't lose your online presence, because you are truly admired and respected. That goes double for me.

I know how hard it is to jettison the anchor of material things from one's life, as I have gone through exactly that in the last few years. I did it completely by choice as a philosophical shift, and I had more time to do it than perhaps you. But, it actually turned out to be fun, and I reduced what I owned to what would fit in a 6x8 foot enclosed trailer and moved my life 1600 miles. I don't miss a single thing. And if I did, I could always replace it.

Best of luck sir, and THANK YOU.
              It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertone Jockey View Post
                Speaking of that maybe you should write a book...
                The general consensus is that he already has.

One of my favorite novelty writers is a science professor named Robert Wolke. He wrote "What Einstein Didn't know", "What Einstein Told His Barber", etc. Most of the stuff you'll probably know, but he fleshes out details you probably won't. Fun stuff. Then he wrote a cook book!?! "What Einstein Told His Cook" explaining everyday kitchen science. He VERY clearly loves to cook and if you're a home chef it's a great read because knowing what's happening and understanding kitchen science allows for more successful experiments and improvisations. Oh yeah, there was a point...

I expect that Enzo is probably more than what we know of him here. Perhaps he has a passion that isn't related to amps!?! Maybe this is an opportunity to realize it more intimately! Ballet dancing? Or maybe if he writes a book it'll be a collection of Haiku poems? He's already dedicated A LOT of time to being a technician.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
                  ...I expect that Enzo is probably more than what we know of him here. Perhaps he has a passion that isn't related to amps!?! Maybe this is an opportunity to realize it more intimately! Ballet dancing? Or maybe if he writes a book it'll be a collection of Haiku poems? ...
                  Actually, it's only 4 years until the next winter Olympics and Enzo needs the time to get into shape for the ski jumping.

Comment

It's all well deserved and I'm sure that it makes Enzo blush, but one of the telling traits of a man's character is the legacy he leaves behind. I hope after he settles into his new lifestyle he'll still pop in now and then and continue to spread his wealth of knowledge, or at least his common sense.

--Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

OK that's it I'm off to get a 'What would Enzo do' tattoo

Best wishes on your retirement Enzo and DO NOT LEAVE THE FORUM!

Your expertise goes absolutely without saying but your kindness and patience are truly remarkable. I have learned so much from you, so smoothly and easily I can kid myself I learned it on my own. May blessings rain down on you and yours from whatever gods may be.

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                        When my daughter visited the Vatican last year she brought me back some olive oil blessed by the pope. I'm sure Enzo could "bless" some hand tools and solder stations to sell to some struggling wannabes, lol.
                        I already tried this and am awaiting a response......

Comment

Originally posted by Alex R View Post
                          I have learned so much from you, so smoothly and easily I can kid myself I learned it on my own.
                          Couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by olddawg View Post
                            I'd much rather have something blessed by Rev. Enzo, than the Pope!
                            "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                            Terry

Comment

aww man, Enzo can't retire! His mind is still useful (valuable even). "Sitting around being retired." is not a good retirement. Or taking care of the cats. I mean, hey, they are cute, but they're not going to appreciate troubleshooting advice like the humans here.

Comment

Enzo, I can't add much to what has been said, except good luck and stick around the forum and post even more. I can't imagine what it must be like to have decided to walk away from all those years of accumulated stuff and of course the old farmhouse.

Comment

Working...
                                X