I have an Ampeg B200r Bass Amp with a problem
Stopped working, speaker started humming seems to be drawiing excessive current MOV blew out and fuse was sparking but did not blow fuse The correct fuse is installed. preamp board and tube circuit are disconnected
only ouput board is hooked up now.
With a light bulb limiter attached amp draws a lot of current am using 25 watt bulb and it glows quite brightly
and there is 2.5 volts dc at speaker terminals no speaker attached
q4 was testing bad took it out other mosfets seem ok. tested still drawing excessive current
removing red transformer supply wires from board dims limiter bulb almost completely.
there is voltage output from rectifier to circuit.however values are low as result of limiter function.
any ideas?Should I remove any other mosfets or is the problem somewhere else. could supply capacitors be faulty?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice.